First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Tinys Revive By Item
An Item prevents gameover like in Zelda
byTinyMine
 ​
How to use it:
Create or download the file Tiny_ReviveByItem.js and put it in your plugin folder of your project. Further information you will find in your Plugin Manager.

What it does:
A small Plugin that lets the player not go gameover after defeat when owning a specific item.

Download it:
Click Me

Known Issues:

-

Planned Features: Let me know

-

Terms:

- Credits to TinyMine

- Free for commercial and non commercial use

Last edited by a moderator:

Grimoire LD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey neat, it's like a Phoenix Pinion or the Re-raise spell, I only wish it were less specific. As in the case of both that I mentioned a Phoenix Pinion needed to be equipped and the Re-raise Spell was technically an applied state. It would work like a Zelda fairy though as you mentioned which appears to be the main purpose.

TinyMine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Both could be added easiliy I guess. Like the ID of the item you could specifiy either a state or a equipped item to have the re-raise effect. I could try to add it if you like :) thanks for the input! 

Regards!

Grimoire LD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That would be pretty swell. Your idea to tie it to equipped ID of the item and state should work pretty well as to its purposes.

Halrawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is perfect for any RPG with only one actor!

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just installed this, and it failed to work. It probably is a conflict with another plugin, and I'll try to figure out which one conflicts.

TinyMine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well... I am using only 2 default methods that are aliased and not "changed" at all. What exactly is not working? In my plugin itself you will find which methods I have used and from which classes. Maybe another plugin is overwriting existing default methods, which would be not good.

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It looks like it was my own error, setting the monster to "Can Lose".

Unfortunately, your script is nice, but not what I was hoping it to be, which was like a Life Shroom from Paper Mario (Upon death of an actor, the item is automatically used on that actor.)

TinyMine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Since I already got good input to add more features to the script (state, equip) I can imagine to build in something like the "life shroom" you mentioned. I will see what I can do in this.

Kind regards

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a rather useful plugin, having more options of how the item words, having multiple items that can do the main effect or instantly revive a fallen actor would also be pretty useful.
Let's say, for instance, you make Item 1 raise after battle, while Item 2 revives during battle. I would suggest having this be done via notetags, like <AfterBattle> could be for items that revive after the battle is lost, <DuringBattle> could be for items that revive when an actor immediately falls. It would also be neat to have a plugin command that disables one or both of the revival items, such as <AfterOff> to turn off the after battle effect, <DuringOff> to turn off revival items for during battle, and <BothOff> to do both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mybriguy