Tinys Travel Map (TTM) + Addons

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by TinyMine, Nov 24, 2013.

1. japhet13a

japhet13a Warper

First Language:
    Filipino
    wow nice script!  :)

Is it possible to use 2 different kinds of maps?
    Like an overworld map and a city map? 

2. TinyMine

TinyMine Veteran

First Language:
    German
    This is part of the next patch, which probably will be released in few weeks (depends on leisure). Still working out how it would be the easiest way since every map has huge amount of config options. Right now I am seeking for a way that it wont be too cluttered, when users will config more than 1 map.

Nevertheless - I am pleased to tell you that this idea is already in progess :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  3. TinyMine

TinyMine Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Hey guys,

right now I am seeking for a way how people can use more than one map without having a huuuuge amount of config data in your scripts. 

For this I decided to create a GUI for TTM, where you use a seperate program, that saves ruby readable files by the config you set up in the program.

A very first impression would be this picture:

[​IMG]

You can see some of the known config options already. Also you can see a possibility to produce a rough graphical preview where you can see the look of the possible scene later in your game.

Some suggestions from me:

- I would show windows just as empty but colored squares ( to see position, size and transparency of your configured window ); I guess that shall be enough?

for the needed future version is planned:

- Direction teleport (how did I miss that all the time)

- Background Music

- Multiple Maps ( each map will get a external config file which will be read and used by your script; I think I will make it still possible to configure in the script directly, so both options can be done )

So ... yeah

What do you think? Would this extern program be useful at all? Would you use it? Or do you see no problems when config is all in script section?

Looking forward for your feedback.

Stay safe

Puppet Play and Kitasume like this.
  4. RaZzi

RaZzi My Peculiar Brother

First Language:
    Finnish
    Looks good althou I wouldn't be needing this since I have only one world map. Unless I make an underworld............... ...... .........

5. Puppet Play

Puppet Play No strings attached

First Language:
    Filipino
    I think there would be no problem when config is all in script section as long as the instructions and explanations in using the script is clear.  :)

cool script btw. yeah multiple maps would definitely be very useful especially in having multiple continents (where towns and dungeons are found)  and city maps (own house, blacksmith, item/weapon shop are found). possibilities of this script is endless! keep up the good work man!  :D

6. SerpentRose

SerpentRose Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I personally would prefer a GUI if you can find the time. :U I've yet to encounter decent instructions when it came to editing a script to read a bunch of different things, which leads to error messages and 30 play tests... This script would be super awesome to use, though I'd have to give it a go on a fresh project.

7. Fatalys93

Fatalys93 Villager

First Language:
    Italian
    Awesome script, i'm going to use it. *^*

But first...I've a suggest. can you add some scripts to insert in a conditional branch? Just to check if a teleport is active or not... for example

Ex,:

If Teleport (1) == true 

then

else

Like the feature in Nicke's Teleport Script (I'm using his script now) :D

8. Shiniiji

Shiniiji Warper

First Language:
    German
    Awesome Script! I will use it in my Project - No need for a Worldmap anymore, I can rather draw the Map now to Take it as a Background to your Travel script. Thank you so much. ^.^

9. kynkan

kynkan Villager

First Language:
    español
    Is there a way to have a position show on the map, but not be able to teleport to it, for example a part of the map image that shows information.

Ps.-Great script.

10. Nanaki_Fan

Nanaki_Fan Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Does anyone have this script and the demo? The first post is all messed up :(