Tips and Hints Window - How to change contents.

Bethins

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm a noob to scripting... Just to get that out of the way.

I have a window that I would like to cycle through a bunch of tips.

I know how to make the window, I know how to display the text in that window, but I DON'T know how to cycle it through a bunch of hints without direct input.

The goal is for text to change in the window every few seconds while the menu is open.

Thank you!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
every update, modify a variable (like increase it by 1) then when it reaches a certain amount, move to the next text. Then after it reaches the last text, return the variable to it's base value.

Bethins

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you!

Would you mind writing that out for me? Syntax errors are the bane of my existence right now...

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Depends on how ur setting the texts to be shown. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pft... people think the moon landing is fake. Nonsense. The moon doesnt even exist in the first place, it's just the reflection of the earth on the surface of space.
I don't know if anyone will get my old pop culture references. Item: Empty Basket. Description: Don't worry. Yogi Bear won't try to steal it.
My second childrens book is finally uploaded and approved and available to buy! I am so happy!
I just realized I passed 1,000 likes. I'm amazed you people actually like this crap. It's no surprise you'd like my high quality content. :kaopride:
Running on a creative high right now. Expanding my Redwood tile D with doors, windows, and some other odds and ends today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanHerman