Tips and Hints Window - How to change contents.

Bethins

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm a noob to scripting... Just to get that out of the way.

I have a window that I would like to cycle through a bunch of tips.

I know how to make the window, I know how to display the text in that window, but I DON'T know how to cycle it through a bunch of hints without direct input.

The goal is for text to change in the window every few seconds while the menu is open.

Thank you!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
every update, modify a variable (like increase it by 1) then when it reaches a certain amount, move to the next text. Then after it reaches the last text, return the variable to it's base value.

Bethins

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you!

Would you mind writing that out for me? Syntax errors are the bane of my existence right now...

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Depends on how ur setting the texts to be shown. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miss_Kata