Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
even on this amazing map tutorial are some slight issues, but it's a nice
tutorial to use, start map on the turorial was really boring with many mistakes,

the final also has 2 slight issues which most will reconize....

but besides those minor if not paying attention, a great tutorial, because I need it
later as well, some things I didn't thought about it, it gives ideas too.

Thank you for this tutorial :)

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes! Awesome tutorial, @Avery! Boring and unnatural natural terrain, especially cliffs and rivers, are something I see a lot of in RM screenshots, so I truly hope your advice helps newcomers and veterans alike.

I'd love to see a tutorial on how to make rivers look less weird and unnatural. I find it fairly difficult to make things look good when using the water autotiles for natural water sources; they're fine for manmade things such as canals and sewers, though.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm wondering about the rationale for making stair length be one tile greater than cliff height. It feels a little weird to me, though not weird enough that I can say it's wrong…

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@The Stranger
Yeah, natural terrain and the blockyness of the tiles usually go not so well with each other^^
I thought about rivers, though my intuitive apporach would start with a huge amount of edits, so that is probably not everyone's go to^^' Maybe one day, that would need a lot of trying and erroring before I consider writing something down ;3

@Solar_Flare
a35a5658c9506a4978ca5ca9deabad6968023121.gif

This gif by Astarotte animating a map by PandaMaru shows you why stairs need to be longer than the cliffs.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

finished the second chapter of deltarune today, I gotta say that the 3 years wait was worth it lol
Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cp868323