Pixel_Maiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So im trying to draw a character in the style of Gunsmith Cats. However im finding difficulty in drawing the curly/wavy/"fluffy" hair rather than the typical anime spikes/bangs style.
How do you do those hair?
Also, how do you draw non-trapezoid/diamond shaped eye, like in the anime or say Pokemon humans?

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I might make a video on this in the future, but the way I draw wavy hair is just by drawing wavy lines starting from the scalp and connecting the lines together.
me.png
chubby elf.png
As far as the eyes, I draw them more almond-shaped like the first image. If you're referring to the second image, though, I just draw a line on top for the eyelashes, a line on the bottom, and then a circle in the middle.

Solr

Living Weapon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So im trying to draw a character in the style of Gunsmith Cats. However im finding difficulty in drawing the curly/wavy/"fluffy" hair rather than the typical anime spikes/bangs style.
How do you do those hair?
Also, how do you draw non-trapezoid/diamond shaped eye, like in the anime or say Pokemon humans?
wavey_hair_in_manga.png
If you're looking for specific references of wavy hair in anime/manga, GetBackers has quite a few characters that have wavy hair in their design.

I've seen a few techniques for drawing fluffy hair (while still maintaining a detailed manga artstyle) sometimes it involves leaving the lines of where the hair connects purposely disconnected, or just using extremely small, acute, (and many) hair spikes to express 'fluffiness'. I'm not describing it very well (I can't find the examples currently) but I'm sure you can imagine what I'm talking about.

As far as "non-trapezoid/diamond shaped eye" I don't think we're all on the same page. Maybe you could provide an example?

Pixel_Maiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
View attachment 238291
If you're looking for specific references of wavy hair in anime/manga, GetBackers has quite a few characters that have wavy hair in their design.

I've seen a few techniques for drawing fluffy hair (while still maintaining a detailed manga artstyle) sometimes it involves leaving the lines of where the hair connects purposely disconnected, or just using extremely small, acute, (and many) hair spikes to express 'fluffiness'. I'm not describing it very well (I can't find the examples currently) but I'm sure you can imagine what I'm talking about.

As far as "non-trapezoid/diamond shaped eye" I don't think we're all on the same page. Maybe you could provide an example?
Thanks for the info on the technique, mate. I nearly spent 2 days drawing erasing drawing erasing each strand of hair T.T.

By trapezoid eye i mean the eye shape in a typical anime like say in Eva.

Solr

Living Weapon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for the info on the technique, mate. I nearly spent 2 days drawing erasing drawing erasing each strand of hair T.T.

By trapezoid eye i mean the eye shape in a typical anime like say in Eva.
IDRKWTS about techniques for drawing anime-esque eyes. For me at least, drawing eyes takes time and attention to detail, but doesn't require very much technical oversight/thought. You just like pull up a reference, start slowly 'sense out' the general shape, and then add more details based on either your own style, or the one you want to emulate. I'm sure there are probably a ton of videos on YouTube about anime-eye drawing step-by-step.

Can you post some of your art by any chance?

Pixel_Maiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
IDRKWTS about techniques for drawing anime-esque eyes. For me at least, drawing eyes takes time and attention to detail, but doesn't require very much technical oversight/thought. You just like pull up a reference, start slowly 'sense out' the general shape, and then add more details based on either your own style, or the one you want to emulate. I'm sure there are probably a ton of videos on YouTube about anime-eye drawing step-by-step.

Can you post some of your art by any chance?
Here,
pixelb - Copy (2).png

Solr

Living Weapon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your work looks good to me. You're clearly not an amateur, so I still really don't understand how it's possible that you struggle to draw 'non-trapezoid' eyes.

EDIT:
Or was the original question you just asking how other people draw non-anime eyes because you're just curious? Sorry if I misunderstood.

Pixel_Maiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Your work looks good to me. You're clearly not an amateur, so I still really don't understand how it's possible that you struggle to draw 'non-trapezoid' eyes.

EDIT:
Or was the original question you just asking how other people draw non-anime eyes because you're just curious? Sorry if I misunderstood.
Oh, i was asking how we draw eyes like say
or pokemon

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_11_27_2022_10_0_8.png
finally finished all the sprites for my friend's Comic book OC that I put in my game.
1669612924226.png
Added collectible trading cards to my current game, bio-Synthetica.
I plan to have a total of 20 different BATTLE-bot cards you can find & collect.
100 likes.jpg

I reached 100 followers on my new twitter! It's not much but it's honest work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glakus