Tips on making a Plains area?

HM_Misfit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like the title suggest I'm hoping to get some tips on making plains. Plains themselves are very empty but, I was wondering if you guys have ways to make them a little more alive? Or maybe I should just use the Overworld approach?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my plains are more of just wagon trails, usually small maps and just focus on the area around forks in the road.
its just implied that the areas between town and the intersections is relatively safe/easy to travel and not much to see inbetween.
edit: dont like a cluster of 1 direction hallway maps or "railroading" (glares at FF10/13 world design)). and if you able to go off any side might as well just be overworld or doing something like breath of fire 4's field zones (just small random open map, very little difference between variants, with 1-2 RNG spawned loot to find and leaving the map takes you back to the same spot on the world map)

Last edited:

HM_Misfit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my plains are more of just wagon trails, usually small maps and just focus on the area around forks in the road.
its just implied that the areas between town and the intersections is relatively safe/easy to travel and not much to see inbetween.
That's a good idea too. I could make bits and pieces of the plains into smaller maps with the event areas I wanted to begin with. Saves a lot of needless walking and will be easier to decorate.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

title2 copy.png

Just a little mood-piece for the game I'm working on with @spillycat :)
Logo of the new game I‘ve been working on with @Finnuval ! F05668FB-8AE1-4214-948F-0F58397FF282.jpeg
"What!? 2000!? There's no way that can be right!""It's over 2900!"
New musics has been made. Praise be!
Furious and deeply saddened about the state of the US. This is the starting domino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mezzthang