Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is possible that you  can have a different sound file played when pressed the new game in the title menu select screen.

I kinda like when you press the new game button it will played a different sound file instead of the already set "OK" sound effect on the title screen.

And make it compatible with this script.

https://yamiworld.wordpress.com/title-decorate/vertical-commands/

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Assuming Yami's script did not change the overwritten method I used, here is a little snippet doing what you want:

Code:
module TitleSE   

Setup = {   #  RPG::SE.new("file_name", volume, pitch),   
    :new_game => RPG::SE.new("Absorb2",       80,   100),   
    :continue => RPG::SE.new("Bell1",         80,   100),   
    :shutdown => RPG::SE.new("Crash",         80,   100), 
  } 

end

class Window_TitleCommand < Window_Command

def process_ok   
    if current_item_enabled?     
      TitleSE::Setup[current_symbol].play     
      Input.update     
      deactivate     
      call_ok_handler   
    else     
      Sound.play_buzzer   
    end 
  end 

end
You can setup the SE for each command on the title screen with this in the module settings with the 'Setup' options.

I guess the settings do not need further explanations, they are rather self-explanatory.

Insert this at the top of your custom script list.

If it doesn't work with Yami's script, let me know and I will try to make a compatibility patch.

Last edited:

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Assuming Yami's script did not change the overwritten method I used, here is a little snippet doing what you want:

module TitleSE Setup = { # RPG::SE.new("file_name", volume, pitch), :new_game => RPG::SE.new("Absorb2", 80, 100), :continue => RPG::SE.new("Bell1", 80, 100), :shutdown => RPG::SE.new("Crash", 80, 100), } endclass Window_TitleCommand < Window_Command def process_ok if current_item_enabled? TitleSE::Setup[current_symbol].play Input.update deactivate call_ok_handler else Sound.play_buzzer end end end
You can setup the SE for each command on the title screen with this in the module settings with the 'Setup' options.

I guess the settings do not need further explanations, they are rather self-explanatory.

Insert this at the top of your custom script list.

If it doesn't work with Yami's script, let me know and I will try to make a compatibility patch.
Works Great, Thanks for the scripts.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.
post so i can change my profile picture ^^
Creating Some art for a fighter game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealkenta