Title Menu Layer Rotation.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by JRand, May 5, 2019.

1. JRand

JRand Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am currently using MOGHunter's title layer plugin and menu command plugins. MOGHunter's title layer plugin allows for layer animations, but not rotation on a stationary axis. MOG has another magic circle plugin that allows rotation, which could theoretically work because the layer I am trying to rotate is a PNG circle, but a circle layer using that plugin sort of floats around the X/Y axes as it rotates instead of staying stationary. All I need is a plugin that allows a layer to rotate with speed and X/Y position adjustment. Does anyone know of a title menu plugin that does this?

Thank you!

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  2. Levolpehh

Levolpehh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can use this line to add a rotation effect to any bitmap/sprite/image
    you'll have to add it to the Title Plugin and find what they've named the image and replace _imagenamehere with what they've called it. Place the line under the "update" function.

this._imagenamehere.rotation += 0.01 or whatever value

Code:
    Scene_Menu.prototype.createMagicCircle= function() {
        this._magicCircle = new Sprite(ImageManager.loadMenusMain("MagicCircle"));
        this._magicCircle.anchor.x = 0.5;
        this._magicCircle.anchor.y = 0.5;
        this._magicCircle.x = Moghunter.scMenu_MagicCircleX;
        this._magicCircle.y = Moghunter.scMenu_MagicCircleY;
        this._field.addChild(this._magicCircle);
    };
    here's an example of how Mog creates the Magic Circle in their Menu plugin. You can use that as a guideline for creating new images. this._field may be different though for the Title plugin.

3. JRand

JRand Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the response, @Levolpehh. I'm afraid I don't know anything or much about coding, so I'm not sure where to put it or what layer 2 is called in the code (the layer in Title Layers that I want to make rotate is layer 2). I tried rotating it just by making a 30 frame animation with each frame rotated another 12 degrees, but that degrades the quality of the image, and I want it slow which isn't smooth.