Title Menu Manipulation

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Sketchward, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Sketchward

Sketchward Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi all.

I'm trying to change up the Title Menu functionality a little bit. Instead of New Game, Load Game, Exit, I've removed the Load Game option and I want to put the file system onto the actual front page of the Title Menu itself. I've included an example of what I mean below, although I had to construct this in paint.net.

I'm having trouble figuring out how exactly to post the Load functionality onto the front page. I've tried messing about with copying and pasting to and from the Scene_Load and Scene_Title pages, but I can't seem to figure out what and where to copy. Everything I try results in problems with class scope, or missing End statements, or null returns... I've exhausted everything I can think to try and thought I'd ask for help.

[​IMG]

2. ZirconStorms

ZirconStorms VX & VX Ace Scripts Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Not a perfect emulation of your mockup, but I have a WIP going so far.
    upload_2019-8-2_20-28-7.png
    I'll see if I can finish it. I'm sure you could commission someone to tweak it to your liking, if you really want it exactly like your mockup.

Sketchward likes this.
  3. Sketchward

Sketchward Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is there any way to just have the files be below new / exit, accessed by pressing Down rather than having to go through the Continue button to access them?

4. ZirconStorms

ZirconStorms VX & VX Ace Scripts Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That seems rather clunky, because then you'd be able to use left/right for the commands and up/down for the files at the same time, but I can provide customization in the script that allows for that.

EDIT: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/zs-compact-title-screen.111754/

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Sketchward likes this.