Title Screen Event

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm requesting a plugin that checks if the game is sitting idle on the title screen for a certain amount of time, then an event could trigger which would lead to a video being played. Similar to how old school arcade games would cut to footage of the gameplay if the game is idle for long enough. If anyone has played the MOTHER/Earthbound series you'll be familiar with this.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you use a pre-title/custom title plugin couldn't you just event this by having the event wait for say 2 or 3 minutes then play the cut-scene?
Nobody fiddles for that long in a title screen I think :D

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you use a pre-title/custom title plugin couldn't you just event this by having the event wait for say 2 or 3 minutes then play the cut-scene?
Nobody fiddles for that long in a title screen I think :D

That might be a good idea. The reason I am interested in a plugin for this is because I'm showcasing my game at a convention and I wanted a way of catching peoples attention. In the old days of arcade games it was called "Attract Mode" because the game would play itself (or in this case a pre-recorded bit of footage) and "attract" people to the arcade machine to play it. But I could experiment with a pre-title plugin as well.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBard