Title Screen Help

Birdcake

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm kind of at a loss on how exactly I need to go about this.
I'm trying to make a title screen with a simple animation, an animated cursor, and the game options in separate boxes 

Here's a mock up of exactly how I want it to look:

title screengif.gif

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
two ways, and two ways only:

1) you program that screen in RGSS3, with animating every detail yourself and caring and betatesting the entire titlescreen code you wrote.

2) you use one of the existing "skip titlescreen" scripts. Those will lead you to a map instead of the titlescreen, and on that map you can use any event command to make your own pictures and menu, reacting to either show choice or key presses like whatever you want.

Most people go with option 2 as it requires a lot of scripting knowledge to make a correctly animated title screen. But that is your choice - there are even scripts for animated titlescreens, but those usually have different animations than someone wants.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Redoing the menu will require scripts, so I'm going to move this to Script Requests.

Birdcake

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Andar  Thanks so much!  I'll definitely go with option 2, I didn't know you could even do that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And (un)surprisingly, I already started developing a old project as MZ code right off from the bat. Waiting the launch anxiously...
Is there a single word I can use instead Magic Defense", but has the same meaning?
does anyone know where I could theoretically post a game i made full of copyrighted content so that I can get feedback on it

edit: not looking to make any money or anything. just want criticism
Yay! It's raining! ^.^
I decided to take part in the One Map Game Challenge. :LZSexcite:
Finished the map itself, just need to finish the actual game lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhateverImDrunk