Title Screen - Remove "Quit Game" from title.

BRITISHConnah

dJ Blackbourne
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The title screen usually consists of "New Game", "Continue" and "Quit Game".

Is there any way to remove the "Quit Game" option?

titlescreenOptions.jpg

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, by modifying the default scripts or using a script that replaces the default title.

I've moved this thread to Script Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
A quick script for that won't be hard at all but...

Mind if i ask why you want the quit option to be removed?

Code:
#==============================================================================# ■ Meow Face Remove Quit from Title#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Remove Quit from Title Scene#==============================================================================# How to Use:# [1] Paste this below Material and above Main#==============================================================================class Window_TitleCommand < Window_Command  def make_command_list #overwrite    add_command(Vocab::new_game, :new_game)    add_command(Vocab::continue, :continue, continue_enabled)  endendclass Scene_Title < Scene_Base  def create_command_window #overwrite    @command_window = Window_TitleCommand.new    @command_window.set_handler(:new_game, method(:command_new_game))    @command_window.set_handler(:continue, method(:command_continue))    @command_window.viewport = @viewport  endend

BRITISHConnah

dJ Blackbourne
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In response to Andar: Thank you. I was unaware of that. I will double-check in future.

In response to Meow: Thanks as well.

I'm using it for a FNaF remake game.

The actual game doesn't have a quit game option.

The controls will be displayed when New Game is chosen.

I've also moved the box to the left and a bit further down to similarly create the title screen.

People can close the game with the [X] button.

TITLE_TEST.jpg

BRITISHConnah

dJ Blackbourne
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
finished_result.jpg

The finished result looks better than the previous with the Quit Game option.

Thank you! :D

Although I will be changing the title screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
You're welcome!

SadGhoster87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If someone goes fullscreen (as is normal with a FNaF game) they're screwed.

BRITISHConnah

dJ Blackbourne
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's why I'm trying to create a command whenever ESC is pressed, it returns to the title screen of something.

Other than that, if they're confused then task manager is another option but takes more time.

Although I accidentally found out that F12 resets the game to the title.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
Avoid using F12 as a "reset" button. It's not a clean reset and can cause problems. Try not to encourage your player to use it too, the game can be messed up depending on what scripts/variables you are using.

BRITISHConnah

dJ Blackbourne
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, is F12 like a soft reset?

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
Oh, is F12 like a soft reset?
More like a quick reset for game developers to test their games. But not a clean reset as some of the variables are carried over to the title scene which might cause weird behaviour after game loaded. Like the F9 button, it's something that should not be available to the player by default. So more like a design miss of the game maker software itself. You can find more informations about it if you look it up in the forums.

There are scripts out there that let you remove the F12 button, but since it's hardcoded, it's not that easy to find a script that 100% removes it because the code runs before all the scripts so some custom script that removes F12 will not work 100% correctly. The one i know that works nicely is FyxInput, but it will require additional file and dll to make it works.

JoePro

None Newb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This will make the Esc Key Shutdown at the Title Menu.

Code:
################################################################################
#↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓#
#↓                                                                            ↓#
#↓                    Esc Shutdown Title Menu: Version 0.1                    ↓#
#↓                                                                            ↓#
#↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕#
#↑                                                                            ↑#
#↑                          Written By: Joseph Hale                           ↑#
#↑                       Last Edited: February 3, 2014                        ↑#
#↑                                                                            ↑#
#↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑#
################################################################################

#◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙#
#◙ ** Disclaimer                                                              ◙#
#◙••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••◙#
#◙                                                                            ◙#
#◙ This script is not for commercial, if you wish to use this script in a     ◙#
#◙ game please PM me. All credit is to be given to me as the author of this   ◙#
#◙ script.                                                                    ◙#
#◙                                                                            ◙#
#◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙#
#◙ ** How To Use                                                              ◙#
#◙••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••◙#
#◙ * Cusomizable area below.                                                  ◙#
#◙ ** Updates / Version Notes                                                 ◙#
#◙   v0.1                                                                     ◙#
#◙ ~◄◙◙◙◙►~                                                                   ◙#
#◙ * Allows player to press the Esc key to Shutdown the game from the Title.  ◙#

#↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓#
#↕                    Esc Shutdown Title Menu: Version 0.1                    ↕#
#↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑#

#==============================================================================
# ** Input Module
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This module manages the keyboard and mouse inputs.
module Input

@keyboard_triggered = Win32API.new("user32", "GetKeyState", 'i', 'i')

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Check if Keyboard Key Triggered(Key)
  def self.esc_key_triggered?
    state = @keyboard_triggered.call(27)
    return true unless state == 0 || state == 1
    return false
  end

end

# ** Scene_Title
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This class performs the title screen processing.

class Scene_Title < Scene_Base

# * Update Processing
  alias :stu5465441321000 :update

# * Update Processing
  def update
    stu5465441321000()
    if Input.esc_key_triggered?
      command_shutdown
    end
  end

end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

10/24 done :3 Maybe I can finish 11 and 12 this weekend^^
Been updating my game's control scheme to optionally use a mouse. Now the player pixel moves towards the mouse destination, which looks super sweet with the sparkles. Also turns out I made a Mouse Common Event plugin at some point... Thanks past me. :LZSexcite: Now the mouse wheel cycles different forms, and the right mouse button activates that form's special. :LZScool:
Oh man the controls in Mario Sunshine are pretty awful and I haven't even witnessed the controls without FLUDD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MxMachine