From Ariel

Meep mew mow?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Kitty-cat-glish
Primarily Uses
NOT Taking Requests

I used to make title screens as a hobby to test my art skills. I'm gonna try that again as I am getting out of practice on my art.

Title.jpg

Requirements for Requests (You must follow this format to be considered.)
  1. Image size (X pixels / Y pixels | Ex. 816x624)
  2. Name of the Game (Ex. Pigly's Puddle Puzzle)
  3. Do you want the name to be part of the picture?
  4. Describe the mood, theme & emotions of the game in 6 words or less. (Ex. Pigs vs Farmers Dark Funny)
  5. Describe 3 colors that fit the game best. (Ex. Pink, Brown, Green)
  6. Give a brief description of what you are looking for. (EX. The title screen should have a farm, pigs and skulls.)
My requirements may seem odd but I used this format in the past (When I did these years ago) and it generally produced good results. Reducing things to a few key words and colors helps set my inspiration. Points 1-5 are the most important ones so carefully answer those questions. The simpler you keep the description the better. If it's too complex it might just be too much work for me to do free.

This thread won't be first come first serve. I will pick the requests that most inspire me or one's I think I have an idea for.

Once I start a project I'll post updates and reply to the person's request I took up working on so they know I'm working on it. Most work will be done on Sundays and late on Mon - Thurs.

If this thread says [Not Taking Requests] at the top then please move on. Do not bother posting until that changes.

Terms of use: The images will be free to the person that requested it as long as you credit me (Ariel Williams) and send me a copy of the game when/if it is done. You may edit the image as you like. You can post it anywhere you like.
People other than the original requestor may not use, edit or repost the image.

To cut down on time used to make the images I will be using a combination of uncopyrighted or freely editable images (that allow commercial use) and the title screens may come from a combination of several images merged and heavily edited. If the source images have any requirements such as attribution I will list such in the final work. I will try to use images without license requirements first as it's less work keeping track of such. The source images will come from such places as https://ccsearch.creativecommons.org/ and https://commons.wikimedia.org and other sources of out of copyright works such as historical works / sketches. With the right filters, hand editing and by combining several images I can make things that will look good and be unique from the original sources.

Last edited:

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can we see some examples of what you've made so far?

From Ariel

Meep mew mow?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Kitty-cat-glish
Primarily Uses
I don't have any of my old Title screens I did for people. I used to do these on RRR back in the old days and had a thread that ran for a long time there. Some people might remember me I was the Resources Admin there for a long time. Gimmie a request and I'll give it a try. :)

This is really more on me to invest time not the person requesting.

pandadodod

Wannabe of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thread watched! Will put up a request when I'll be able to finish my game :)
I don't want to waste an artist's effort to an unfinished endeavor.. That's my opinion only

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
[move]Resource Workshops. You will need to update your post to follow the rules of that section[/move]

From Ariel

Meep mew mow?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Kitty-cat-glish
Primarily Uses
[move]Resource Workshops. You will need to update your post to follow the rules of that section[/move]
Sorry, I haven't posted here in a long time. Didn't even realize there was a separate forum for this.. :)
The only thing I seem to be missing is samples according to the rules. As I said earlier I don't have samples of when I used to do this because that was many years ago but I can put one up after I get a request.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There's also the tags. You have tags but the first one has to be specific.

You can create a sample of what you can do by answering a fake request. The mention of uncopywrited pictures has me a bit worried. Do you mean CC0? Because there's no such thing as uncopywrited.

From Ariel

Meep mew mow?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Kitty-cat-glish
Primarily Uses
Yes CC0. CC0 includes things out of copyright (thus uncopyrighted) and things in public domain. Also I did edit the tags and put Graphics first but it doesn't seem to matter the order they were typed in as it lists them in alphabetical order. I'll work on a sample.

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:kaohi:Hi, Ariel. I saw that you are taking requests. I will be releasing a demo of my project shortly in a matter of days, but if I can make that demo better by having a good title screen, why not? :kaoblush:

1. Image size The default size of the MV game screen works. Sorry, I don't know the exact dimensions. :(
  2. Name of the Game Warrior Profile: Zeri
  3. Do you want the name to be part of the picture? No, but if you can like make a separate addition with the name just in case I add it, that would be fine.
  4. Describe the mood, theme & emotions of the game in 6 words or less. (Fantasy, Warriors, Monsters, Dragonfolk, Gloomy, Dark)
  5. Describe 3 colors that fit the game best. (Silver, Black and White)
  6. Give a brief description of what you are looking for. Well, the title screen can feature the bust or full body of a warrior or several, don't really matter, but they can be looking at the player. Nina will be making an appearance in my game, so you can also use her if you want, but the main character is like a dragon. By dragonfolk, just in case you have no idea what I meant by that, they are human-like creatures but with dragon parts, such as twisted dark horns on their head and long, pointy ears, like elves, but with spots or lines on them. If you want more info, perhaps you can have like a forest as background.
I don't mean to be pushy here, just letting you know that I was planning on releasing the demo before Christmas. If you can't have it done by then, I understand. I will use the normal title screen if you don't have the time. Thank you. :kaojoy:

From Ariel

Meep mew mow?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Kitty-cat-glish
Primarily Uses
:kaohi:Hi, Ariel. I saw that you are taking requests. I will be releasing a demo of my project shortly in a matter of days, but if I can make that demo better by having a good title screen, why not? :kaoblush:

1. Image size The default size of the MV game screen works. Sorry, I don't know the exact dimensions. :(
  2. Name of the Game Warrior Profile: Zeri
  3. Do you want the name to be part of the picture? No, but if you can like make a separate addition with the name just in case I add it, that would be fine.
  4. Describe the mood, theme & emotions of the game in 6 words or less. (Fantasy, Warriors, Monsters, Dragonfolk, Gloomy, Dark)
  5. Describe 3 colors that fit the game best. (Silver, Black and White)
  6. Give a brief description of what you are looking for. Well, the title screen can feature the bust or full body of a warrior or several, don't really matter, but they can be looking at the player. Nina will be making an appearance in my game, so you can also use her if you want, but the main character is like a dragon. By dragonfolk, just in case you have no idea what I meant by that, they are human-like creatures but with dragon parts, such as twisted dark horns on their head and long, pointy ears, like elves, but with spots or lines on them. If you want more info, perhaps you can have like a forest as background.
I don't mean to be pushy here, just letting you know that I was planning on releasing the demo before Christmas. If you can't have it done by then, I understand. I will use the normal title screen if you don't have the time. Thank you. :kaojoy:
Is your main character (the dragonfolk) male or female? And do you have any art or sprites you are using for him I can use for reference?

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He is male, and I do have the picture and sprite you can guide yourself with. I'll put it in spoiler.
Zeri.png
Zeri Sprite.png

From Ariel

Meep mew mow?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Kitty-cat-glish
Primarily Uses
He is male, and I do have the picture and sprite you can guide yourself with. I'll put it in spoiler.
Ok so I was doing some looking around and found some great old pictures of the legend of St Michael* killing dragons and I think they will work to make a cool stained glass window for a background.

https://ccsearch.creativecommons.org/image/detail/CFuGw3t-haf8S5rc4pYNEQ==
https://ccsearch.creativecommons.org/image/detail/p8jskpD6XyW9iHG5YKXcFA==

This is just a Very Early draft but it gives you an idea of what I'm thinking. This is just blocking out the rough colors for the stained glass. Later I will go over it and add details to make it look like a stained glass window..

What I am doing is basically coloring in sections of the original each color on separate layers then applying a stroke effect to each layer. This gives it the kind of color separation you see in stained glass. The final image will have much more vivid colors and a bloom effect to make it look like it is light coming through a window.

dragons.jpg

Lemme know what you think of the idea...

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like it, but if that's going to be the final picture for the title screen, I think that theme-wise it's not going to match my game. Zeri is not the bad guy, he's the main character. :p I'll explain more through a pm...

From Ariel

Meep mew mow?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Kitty-cat-glish
Primarily Uses
I wasn't suggesting he be evil. I have an idea how this might all play together. I'll explain in PM.

From Ariel

Meep mew mow?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Kitty-cat-glish
Primarily Uses
This is what I have so far.... It still needs to be cleaned up and finished.
dragons.jpg

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking good! Keep up the good work.

Alinara

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  1. Image size Ex. 816x624
  2. Name of the Game (A Scholar's Tale)
  3. Do you want the name to be part of the picture? Yes, in the middle
  4. Describe the mood, theme & emotions of the game in 6 words or less. Knowledge, Past, Hope, Humor, Adventure
  5. Describe 3 colors that fit the game best. Brown, Gold, Blue
  6. Give a brief description of what you are looking for. I would like a title screen with books, old documents, or maps. It is a game based on searching for ancient knowledge.

tomkomaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you're still taking requests:

1. Image size 640x480 (vx ace)
  2. Name of the Game (Saving Eutul)
  3. Do you want the name to be part of the picture? Yes, in the upper side, middle (can you make two: one with the name of the game and one without please?)
  4. Describe the mood, theme & emotions of the game in 6 words or less. Mortal vs Immortal, fantasy, heroes, gods, adventure
  5. Describe 3 colors that fit the game best. Blue, Green, Grey
  6. Give a brief description of what you are looking for. I would like to have some heroes on the left side of the screen facing right, and on the right side some gods facing left. Both sides preparing to battle each other (meaning they have drawn out their weapons, preparing spells in their hands, etc.). In the middle, between them, in the distance, a landscape (forests, swamps, plains or anything else). As for the races of heroes, the more variety, the better (humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, goblins, undead, werewolves, anything goes). The game will be commercial, just so you know.

Last edited:

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just dropping by to let you know that I don't need the title screen any more. Thanks for trying, though.

From Ariel

Meep mew mow?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Kitty-cat-glish
Primarily Uses
  1. Image size Ex. 816x624
  2. Name of the Game (A Scholar's Tale)
  3. Do you want the name to be part of the picture? Yes, in the middle
  4. Describe the mood, theme & emotions of the game in 6 words or less. Knowledge, Past, Hope, Humor, Adventure
  5. Describe 3 colors that fit the game best. Brown, Gold, Blue
  6. Give a brief description of what you are looking for. I would like a title screen with books, old documents, or maps. It is a game based on searching for ancient knowledge.
Alinara, this should not be too hard to do. I got some inspiration on where to go with this one. I'll see about starting it today.

If you're still taking requests:

1. Image size 640x480 (vx ace)
  2. Name of the Game (Saving Eutul)
  3. Do you want the name to be part of the picture? Yes, in the upper side, middle (can you make two: one with the name of the game and one without please?)
  4. Describe the mood, theme & emotions of the game in 6 words or less. Mortal vs Immortal, fantasy, heroes, gods, adventure
  5. Describe 3 colors that fit the game best. Blue, Green, Grey
  6. Give a brief description of what you are looking for. I would like to have some heroes on the left side of the screen facing right, and on the right side some gods facing left. Both sides preparing to battle each other (meaning they have drawn out their weapons, preparing spells in their hands, etc.). In the middle, between them, in the distance, a landscape (forests, swamps, plains or anything else). As for the races of heroes, the more variety, the better (humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, goblins, undead, werewolves, anything goes). The game will be commercial, just so you know.
I have an idea with this one. What do you think of doing the characters that are fighting each other in black silhouette in front of a battlefield or open plains? I'm going to start on Alinara's first as I got a good idea of where to go on that one then I can get back to this one. It's fine if it's commercial these are just for me to practice my skills but I would appreciate a free copy of the game when it's done if you choose to use my image. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!
*FurAffinity is down*
*Sets house on fire*
This is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TookMyRole