Meep mew mow?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Kitty-cat-glish
Primarily Uses
  1. Image size Ex. 816x624
  2. Name of the Game (A Scholar's Tale)
Okay so I liked this idea a lot! More than that, I found some great images to use as a basis for it to save me time and did a bit of work myself. I rendered a candle and a map (from 1886 so out of copyright) and got them to line up with the angle for the table. Then I combined everything in Photoshop, added shadows, some filters and a little touch up by hand. I think I also hit your ideas for a color scheme pretty well too.

I took most of the image from two images that are CC BY 2.0 so you need to include these in the credits. This means it can be used commercially and edited but you must give credit to them as well as me. I gave you a sample of how you can list it to meet all requirements.

Title Screen By: Ariel Williams
Addt'l Titlescreen art source By: “Books on table” by David J, licensed under CC BY 2.0 <edited>
Addt'l Titlescreen art source By: “Tavern wall” by John Benson, licensed under CC BY 2.0 <edited>​

I am really, really happy with how this came out. Spent all day on it. I did offset the title to the right a bit rather than place it in the center because it worked better with the composition this way. I think you will like it!
scholarstale.png

tomkomaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can make them with black silhouette, sure. The free copy isnt a problem when its done, and of course credits too :)

Alinara

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow! This is really great! I will remember to give you credit! You should be an artist for doing this! But is it ok to see what it looks like without the title?

Last edited:

Digi Arn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
  1. Image size 1152 x 648
  2. Name of the Game Fractures of Destiny
  3. Do you want the name to be part of the picture? I would like it separate, however if possible I would like it made with a title in mind so that I can have the title fade onto the title screen.
  4. Describe the mood, theme & emotions of the game in 6 words or less. dark, humor, life, death, time, magic
  5. Describe 3 colors that fit the game best. Black, Blue, Green
  6. Give a brief description of what you are looking for. Somewhere in the woods there is a castle abandoned to time. The castle itself is covered in crystals that time lock it, resulting from being the epicenter of an exploding magic crystal (essentially a bomb of magic energy), and over time has also been lost to the forest. So i guess I was thinking I would like that castle done to some extent.

I really like the look of your title images! Thank you for looking at my request.

From Ariel

Meep mew mow?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Kitty-cat-glish
Primarily Uses
Sorry I haven't replied back on my thread in a bit. Some family stuff came up but is mostly taken care of now.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your title screens look great. I have a request.
  1. Image size 640x480
  2. Name of the Game Originally Project Delta, but I am going to change it to be Project Omega.
  3. Do you want the name to be part of the picture? Yes, in the middle. But, could you make one version with the name and one without? (That should be simple, just save one version of the picture before adding the text.)
  4. Describe the mood, theme & emotions of the game in 6 words or less. Sci-fi, hope, alien, exploration, space
  5. Describe 3 colors that fit the game best. Black, navy blue, and dark red.
  6. Give a brief description of what you are looking for. It's in space. The focus is on a huge alien spaceship, which is hovering over planet Earth, and the spaceship is in the middle of firing a blue beam at Earth. The blue beam should be just a bit away from touching Earth. The game will likely not be commercial, but it might be.
Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.
Blech. I hate coming up with stories. Making gameplay is fun but coming up with lore and reasons for these areas/mechanics just makes me sleepy.
40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the8utcher