Title Skip 3 (This doesn't render Scene_Title useless)

PK8

I sense there's something in the wind...
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Title Skip 3

Introduction

If you're familiar with Title Skip scripts, you should be familiar with the functionality here and the opportunity such scripts allows for developers to build their own introductions. Unlike most Title Skip scripts (and even my older ones), no methods were overwritten.

Features

• No overwritten methods, ensuring decent compatibility. (It's not so much a feature, but I'd like to think of it as a selling point.)
  • You can battle test. (Certain Title Skip scripts do not do this.)
  • Seemingly a standard in Title Skip scripts, this script will now launch the Scene_Load scene should it detect a saved file. It can be turned off.

Screenshots

Video coming soon.

Script

Title Skip 3 (RMVXA)

Instructions

It's very straightforward.

Author's Notes

The goal behind this version of my Title Skip script was to make sure I wasn't overriding any of RPG Maker's default methods. It was a pretty tough challenge so I had to come up with some odd ideas to pull it off.

The trick here wasn't to skip the title screen, but to nullify several elements of the title screen such as visuals and audio. To do this, I needed to find a way to make the title scene automatically use the command_new_game method without making a sound while hiding the title graphic and the command window.

The Ace version of this script was — much like the VX version — easy enough, but trying to implement the "Continue First" feature was slightly difficult. I had to find a way to do it without Scene_Map getting rid of the stack by aliasing Scene_Title.command_new_game which turned out to be impossible, so I decided to hook into Scene_Title.update instead.

It was working like a charm but now I needed to make sure the command_new_game method wasn't being spammed by the aliased update method (mainly done to prevent the autoplayed bgm/bgs from starting over, over and over again before the game got a chance to go to Scene_Map) so I had to implement a counter of some sort. It was tricky, and it's not something I feel too happy about, but it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Eh... just the three of us killing mosquitoes and collecting them. Current kill count: 14.
Been watching videos about IRS phone scammers. Some really scummy people in the world.
Is the "2 status updates per 24h" still in effect?
My first attempt at Pixel Art :blink::) (I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm doing it)
Plugin instructions: *exists*
Plugin: What did he say? *error*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rikuto