shifity

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone
I'm using Tomaky's plugin for my game, it's a platformer.
Here is a link for the plugin: TMJumpAction

I looked for a way to put a jump animation on my character when you press the jump button, but it's still a failure. When I associate a plugin which allows to put an animation on the key in question, that totally removes the jump action and leaves me only the jump animation. I do not know anything at all in JAVASCRIPT(edit) I do not know if it is possible to add a line in the codes to associate an animation to this key without entering in conflict with the action in question!

thanks for reading me (sorry for my english ^^')

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can try using YEP_SmartJump plugin, and 2nd its not JAVA, but JAVASCRIPT,
those 2 are totally different languages.

shifity

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this quick response,
I don't think you see what the script in question can do, so I made a short test video of my game (a bit obsolete, I have improved my game since, but the problem with jumping without animation is still there) to illustrate my problem maybe more clearly.
My character can jump clearly, but stay on his idle sprite. I wanted to add an animation over the character for the jump, I tried with events too but the problem is that I can't recover the key detection function without breaking the platform script.

here is my video:
(I would be so happy if someone solved this problem for me, I would like to make him a character in his image in my game to thank him :kaoblush:hahaha)

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone
I'm using Tomaky's plugin for my game, it's a platformer.
Here is a link for the plugin: TMJumpAction

I looked for a way to put a jump animation on my character when you press the jump button, but it's still a failure. When I associate a plugin which allows to put an animation on the key in question, that totally removes the jump action and leaves me only the jump animation. I do not know anything at all in JAVASCRIPT(edit) I do not know if it is possible to add a line in the codes to associate an animation to this key without entering in conflict with the action in question!
thanks for reading me (sorry for my english ^^')
I'm currently creating an addon for TMJumpAction as well as a full English translation. I will look into this very soon for you if no one else has an answer for you.
Demo page:

you can try using YEP_SmartJump plugin, and 2nd its not JAVA, but JAVASCRIPT,
those 2 are totally different languages.
Unfortunately this is not at all what they need/are asking for.
They are using a completely different engine basically.

Edit:
Maybe this?
I forgot I created this a while back too might help...
Direct Link: Click Here
...or these...
https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-character-poses/
Still would need to "hook" into the jump button command though to change the graphic back and forth...

Stay tuned, I should come up with something soon for ya, let me know if you get it working before then though. :)

Last edited:

shifity

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your involvement ct_bolt.
I can't go to the links you provided for your demo (404 not found) :/ edit: it works sorry
I already have this script of atelier rgss, the running animation is used for the "Dash" (jumping forward) so it animates the pose idle the dash as well as walking. but the jump is not included in it ^^

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your involvement ct_bolt.
I can't go to the links you provided for your demo (404 not found) :/ edit: it works sorry
I already have this script of atelier rgss, the running animation is used for the "Dash" (jumping forward) so it animates the pose idle the dash as well as walking. but the jump is not included in it ^^
No prob. Ahh yes, very nice!

Hmm.. maybe this even instead/combined...
Very powerful pose editing can be down with that just not sure of compatibility...

Nice game by the way, looks smooth :)
Would love to see an updated video if you get it working ;)

Edit (Summary of options):
  • Mod/Patch of TMJumpAction
  • Mod/Patch Mog's CharPoses
  • New plugin all together along with ones already in place or maybe instead of the current ones.

Last edited:

shifity

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you very much for my game, i would if i find the solution!

the simplest would be a mod for the moghunter plugin maybe, but the most optimal would probably be a mod for the TMjumpaction plugin.

I am going to study the quxios plugin, I must first understand everything (for me english adds an additional difficulty! haha) and I will see if I succeed, if it is compatible and I would tell you.

shifity

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No I tried and the plugins conflicted with the platform plugin, for example quxios plugin completely suppresses all the keys (jump dash menu back etc ...) except the direction keys. :/

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No I tried and the plugins conflicted with the platform plugin, for example quxios plugin completely suppresses all the keys (jump dash menu back etc ...) except the direction keys. :/
Hmm.. yes I also have tested now too and it is as you said... Input is somewhat broken sadly... :headshake:

...still searching for the best fix. I am now writing my own addon/patch for Mog_CharPose&TMJumpAction. Might look into QSprite also...

For best compatibility could you provide a list of your plugins?
(screenshot of the plugin manager will do)

Last edited:

shifity

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok i put the screenshot

plugin.png

I have some others but they are disabled and I would not use them, so I did not put them in the screenshot

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok i put the screenshot

View attachment 132634

I have some others but they are disabled and I would not use them, so I did not put them in the screenshot
Okay hopefully what I've been working on is going to be 100% compatible.
I should have some files to release for you soon.

Update v0.2:
Tech demo of the WIP so far :)

Finally got it translated (still only English though, sorry) and now adding extra features.
Ended up created 2 new plugins also that go along with this. CTB_PoseEx & CTB_Idle coming soon too ;)

shifity

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Omg !! Very cool! I love!
Thank you very much for your work, I can't wait to try it all on my game !!!
it really doesn’t matter if it’s in English, after all I still managed to use the one in Japanese so in English it will be easy lol!

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Omg !! Very cool! I love!
Thank you very much for your work, I can't wait to try it all on my game !!!
it really doesn’t matter if it’s in English, after all I still managed to use the one in Japanese so in English it will be easy lol!
No prob. Sent a PM with the project files link. :) Rough draft so far still though.

Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi CT Bolt, I have the same problem! Could you send me a demo too? I've been working on this for 3 months without solutions. T_T
this is my email: (REMOVED by moderator)

I would be grateful!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@meltdownergames I have removed your email link from your post for your protection, as it will open you up to getting tons of spam and phishing attempts from bad people crawling the web.

I recommend you send @ct_bolt a Private Message (PM) instead - just click his name, and choose 'Start Conversation'. You can tell him your email address in the PM. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! Got 3 new frying pans, its weird, but I'm so happy about it.
Yelp. I've discovered that I am one of those people who should not be drinking coffee. Took me a week detoxing off of coffee and switching to tea to realize how badly it was affecting me- and I've been drinking the stuff for years. Yikes!
I bought a gaiter with Meijer printed on it.

I'm still a Walmart worker, and I wore it today for work.
Trying out new carpet autotiles and I can't decide if it's working or not. Pixeling soft carpets is hard
It seems like this is going to be another remote semester. RIP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakobhenerey309