Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Switching off a plugin while playing the game is a bit like working on your car's motor while racing on the highway, so it's not directly possible.

what can be done is switching off functions of a plugin, but that is only possible if the plugin was programmed to include those switches from the beginning (like having installed controls in your car's cabin).
Rewriting a plugin that did not include such options is possible but usually not easy and depends completely on the details.

Someone with more knowledge of both engine and that script would have to check if it is possible to rewrite it in that way. From my limited knowledge and what I could read on the plugin that rewrite would not be easy, but I can be wrong about that.

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Super easy, look for...

Code:
if (Input.isTriggered('jump')) {
It's on line 2388. Replace it with...

JavaScript:
if (Input.isTriggered('jump') && $gameSwitches.value(1) === true){
And just replace the 1 with whatever switch you want to use. Then while that switch is on, you can jump and if it's not you can't.

Nonameded

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
not english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Switching off a plugin while playing the game is a bit like working on your car's motor while racing on the highway, so it's not directly possible.

what can be done is switching off functions of a plugin, but that is only possible if the plugin was programmed to include those switches from the beginning (like having installed controls in your car's cabin).
Rewriting a plugin that did not include such options is possible but usually not easy and depends completely on the details.

Someone with more knowledge of both engine and that script would have to check if it is possible to rewrite it in that way. From my limited knowledge and what I could read on the plugin that rewrite would not be easy, but I can be wrong about that.
Thank you for your answer, but i'm asking you not just to turn it off, but to make sure it works only where it's needed through a map, switch, or variable. Isn't there a way...?

Nonameded

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
not english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Super easy, look for...

Code:
if (Input.isTriggered('jump')) {
It's on line 2388. Replace it with...

JavaScript:
if (Input.isTriggered('jump') && $gameSwitches.value(1) === true){
And just replace the 1 with whatever switch you want to use. Then while that switch is on, you can jump and if it's not you can't.
Is my answer correct?
You didn't write it wrong?

edit
Sorry. That was the right answer.
But I have to move in four directions, and I don't want all the functions of this plug-in to work when the switch is on.:kaoswt2:

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah I see, I misread. This is what happens when you only sleep like 3-4 hours a day for a week. :kaoswt:

I looked more carefully into this. Here's the problem here... This plugin goes through and overwrites a huge number of functions in rpg_objects.js. So it's not as simple as shutting it off, because the original functions have been overwritten so there is nothing there in the first place if you shut this plugin off with say a switch.

To counter this, someone needs to go through each function of this plugin, create a conditional switch, then copy the old function's functionality into one side of it, and the JumpAction stuff into the other. Certainly possible, but at around 3,700 lines of code... I suspect nobody will do that for free. Best advice, hire a scripter.

Nonameded

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
not english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah I see, I misread. This is what happens when you only sleep like 3-4 hours a day for a week. :kaoswt:

I looked more carefully into this. Here's the problem here... This plugin goes through and overwrites a huge number of functions in rpg_objects.js. So it's not as simple as shutting it off, because the original functions have been overwritten so there is nothing there in the first place if you shut this plugin off with say a switch.

To counter this, someone needs to go through each function of this plugin, create a conditional switch, then copy the old function's functionality into one side of it, and the JumpAction stuff into the other. Certainly possible, but at around 3,700 lines of code... I suspect nobody will do that for free. Best advice, hire a scripter.
Thank you for your answer.
In the result... there's nothing for free.
But I'm not the money earner, so it's hard to hire.
So...

Wow... f... I have nothing to say.

Ps.
But I put that switch code in line 530 or 533, and it made it possible to move in four directions.
...It doesn't matter, does it?

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is if you do that, then the plugin never loads at all. You've effectively shut it off. And MV won't check for it again, it simply adds all of the plugins during startup and will skip that one.

Nonameded

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
not english
Primarily Uses
N/A
(Delete)

Last edited:

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... Wow... f... I have nothing to say
I'll attempt this today hopefully in my add on.
Just been lazy... sounds does seem like fun today though. Lol
... prolly post a download/update soon...

Nonameded

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
not english
Primarily Uses
N/A
The problem is if you do that, then the plugin never loads at all. You've effectively shut it off. And MV won't check for it again, it simply adds all of the plugins during startup and will skip that one.
I'm trying to do something...
Can you tell me which line the character is on in rpg_objects.js?

Nonameded

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
not english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll attempt this today hopefully in my add on.
Just been lazy... sounds does seem like fun today though. Lol
... prolly post a download/update soon...
Okay, I saw your add-on.
I hope it's done soon.

[Add-Question]
Can you put 'more jump' in add-on?
Like in a game like 'I Wanna be the boshy', you can keep jumping if you eat.
I Wanna be the boshy more jump.jpg

leave an apology and thanks in advance

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to do something...
Can you tell me which line the character is on in rpg_objects.js?
Oh it's not just one line, open up rpg_objects.js and TMJumpAction then search for each
Game_Player.prototype, Game_Character.prototype and Game_Map.prototype... Probably some others and see what the plugin overwrites. It's such a complete rework that as best I can tell it overwrites an insane amount of stuff. It definitely seems possible to make a switch, just a lot of work.

Nonameded

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
not english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh it's not just one line, open up rpg_objects.js and TMJumpAction then search for each
Game_Player.prototype, Game_Character.prototype and Game_Map.prototype... Probably some others and see what the plugin overwrites. It's such a complete rework that as best I can tell it overwrites an insane amount of stuff. It definitely seems possible to make a switch, just a lot of work.
...I don't think this code -if (Input.isTriggered) {- gonna work. It's a pretty stupid idea.
I'll just have to wait and see if i can get add-on.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back
Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milan1311