To all artists that are Final Fantasy fans, got a big request for ya

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by omega9380, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omega9380

omega9380 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    OK folks, here's what I am looking for. I am working on a personal project of mine, one I have been working on since the days of RM2K. I'm creating a sort of "sequel" to the original Final Fantasy from the NES. Things are coming along great now that RMMV is out, I am loving the new plugin system. Here's my request. I am good at the programming and building side of things. I'm pretty good at modifying images and graphics for my use. I SUCK at creating original artwork. I could not draw a straight line freehand to save my life :) .

What I need primarily is face, SV battler, and character sprites of the 6 Final Fantasy classes and their upgrades. For those who cant remember 1987, the six classes are Fighter (Warrior in the PSP re-release), Thief, Black Belt, Black Mage, White Mage, and Red Mage. Half way thru the game you get a Class Change from Bahamut to become Knight, Ninja, Master, Black Wizard, White Wizard, and Red Wizard.

It would also be advantageous to have animated SV battlers of the monsters. All 189 of them. Holy crap. Now you see why I am turning to the community. I will admit, several of the monsters are pallet shifts of other monsters which will bring the number down, but not by much. "But wait", you say, "you cant use animated battlers in RMMV!!??!" Oh yes you can, thanks to Yanfly Engine and the YEP_AnimatedSVEnemies plug in. Check it out, he basically rewrote the entire RPG Maker engine himself: YEP Animated SV Battlers

Now fully animated enemies would be awesome, but I have pretty good sprite rips from the PSP version of FF1, so I will use those for the time being.

I can't offer any incentive to help except my gratitude and credit when the game is finally released. There may very well be some talented people out there that have already done a lot of the work.

Here is a 7zip file containing reference images for what I am looking for. I am providing these as REFERENCE ONLY.  Yes these are sprite rips from FF1 and FF1 PSP, but I don't want to be in violation of the request forum rules by having anyone think I am providing these images to fulfill someone else's resource request.  I was only able to find one image of the upgraded characters, its the file "ff1classes.gif"

I want to extend my thanks in advance to anyone (or group of ones) who is willing to help me out and take on this challenge. I'm hoping that the community will enjoy my game as much as I have enjoyed creating it. Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  2. Victor Sant

Victor Sant Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Lately we having a lot of people really wanting to do something Final Fantasy related using RIPs for a reason or another...

Anyway, what you're asking is HUGE, you're basically "hey, can anyone give me all the graphics for my game?"

Not to mention you're sharing copyrighted content.

It don't matter if they are "just for reference", they are rips, and you're sharing them. This by itself is already against the rules.

3. Skunk

Skunk Melody Master Veteran

First Language:
    English/Slavic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ya...

I don't know how this will fly at the end of the day.

If you are making a sequel to a commercial game, I would assume you would be using final fantasy in the title which is a no no.

4. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is too big of a request for this section. Resource Requests is intended for 1-2 items. You need to open a topic in Project Recruitment.

Also, do not share ripped materials, even for references. Link to screenshots of the characters in game or something.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.