- Jul 29, 2022
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Toilet Seekers is a funny metroidvania centered around Gugu and he's quest to find all remaining toilets in the world. An evil cult has corrupted all of the sewage systems, making the economy fall and getting the prestigious academy of Sanum Vanaie to its knees.
This game features platforming, inspired by Hollow Knight and Ori. It also has backtracking, giving you access to new areas upon gaining new skills.
Monsters around the world can't be killed, being more like extra challenges in the platforming. They all have unique behaviors, making them versatile foes.
Bosses are fought in non-traditional ways. Instead of hitting them in the head with a stick, you have to complete intense escape sequences to beat them. This makes platforming the overall focus of the game.
Hearts are lost upon being hit by an enemy or touching a certain peril, like spikes. More hearts can be aquired as rare rewards. The most common way to heal is drinking juices, which come in various types. However, when drinking a juice, your Orb (in the upper left side of the screen) will start filling with a Golden Liquid.
Your orb also gets filled with Golden Liquid overtime. If your Orb fills completely, you will suffer death.
Toilets are the resting points. They empty your orb, heal your hearts, and save the game. Some special toilets also serve as portals for the teleport system.
Poo is the currency. Some NPCs will give you items in exchange of poo.
The game will have a map system that draws rooms as you explore the world. Currently there will be 11 areas to explore in the game:
· Fallten Plateau, the high forest doomed with an eternal autumn (in progress, 50% done).
· Aridstone Park, the abandoned natural reserve in the heat of the desert.
· Highest Mountaintops, the coldest peaks where the winds howl.
· Elden Capital, the lost city.
· Urutre, the scourge cult that corrupted the pillars of the realm.
· Grandus Deposit, the gigantic and abandoned sewer system.
· Furionak Compound, the hideout from which the kobolds pillage the Grandus Deposit and the city above.
· Odorous Swamp, the putrefact pool with dangeorus waters.
· Mount Oblivion, the fiery volcano that erupts lava and ashes.
· Sanum Vanaie, the crumbling academy of toilet research destroyed by the cult.
· Catacombs are small dungeons spread throughout the world.
Graphics by Lei Studios