Not open for further replies.

Taynathon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Tokyo Ghoul

My reason for doing this particular game is because there are'nt any real tokyo ghoul games out there (if you factor out the smartphone games). Ok so moving on.

This game will be based off the manga with aspects from the anime, the plot will follow the manga up till Kaneki's fight with Jason for now.

P.S It's my first time using RPG Maker so I will need all the support I can get to make this game a success.

So far these are the only things I've managed to do.

I did have an earlier build, but it was only for me to see what I could learn within a few hours.

SCREENSHOTS

menu.png

I used this vector from this deviantart and just added the now loading myself.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Tokyo-Ghoul-Kaneki-504353158

loading.png

VIDEO

Pardon the watermark.

The opening is skippable.

Videos used

Last edited by a moderator:

SUperNelly16

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Tokyo ghoul is one of my favourite animes! its great to see a game being made for it.i'm wondering how you got that awesome menu screen. I'm new with rpg maker too but if you need any help with mapping i could lend a hand :)

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm a big fan of Tokyo Ghoul so I'd be interested to see how this one turns out...

Couch Flipper t(o.ot)

Philosopher...?
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks pretty cool, just keep in mind everything about tokyo ghoul is going to be licensed already so if this is just for fun then that's cool. Like what you have here though, hope it works out :D

Taynathon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Couch Flipper t(o.ot) yea ive always planned it to be of non profit and just for fun, though im having afew problems now as i cant really make a proper map cos of the screen res so everything looks too small, if anyone has any ideas on how i can make the map not look like a 5 yo made it or some nice tilesets it would really help.

Ace VII

Genius but Strict
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
@Couch Flipper t(o.ot) yea ive always planned it to be of non profit and just for fun, though im having afew problems now as i cant really make a proper map cos of the screen res so everything looks too small, if anyone has any ideas on how i can make the map not look like a 5 yo made it or some nice tilesets it would really help.

I suggest you make the screen smaller to avoid it from being "too small"..

Taynathon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone, I've currently made up to chapter 1 of the manga, it's not alot but enjoy!

P.S please report bugs :)

Recommended screen resolution - 1920x1080

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxoD4R2fdiWiSFRKVmhxTFhQZnM/view

Sorry guys apparently theres a bug at the start, gonna have to look into it, dont bother downloading, it will probably be a waste of your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comintern

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Sweet! Love the hard work, keep it up!

benjam

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Tokyo Ghoul is a combination of action, supernatural, romance, comedy and lots of violence. So if you want all in one you should definitely watch it.

I totally loved the first season especially the central character Ken Kaneki who is a one-eyed ghoul, he is shown as an ideal guy innocent and sweet. His relation with Touka, which is shown as his love interest is worth watching and there are a number of other characters as well. Such as Kishou Arima was a Special tokyo ghoul guy with glasses Investigator famously known as the CCG's Reaper. He was a prominent figure within the organization and was widely regarded as a genius.

However, personally, I did not like the second season as there has been shown a change in the personality of Ken Kaneki after his torture by Yamori (His hair becomes white and also he starts hurting and killing) and it also gets quite boring after Kaneki leaves Anteiku.

So overall it depends on you, watch it if you love gore, carnage and lots of action.

I personally hope that the third season is as good as the first. :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@benjam As the OP has not been on the site for over 3 years, I think we have to conclude that this game has been abandoned.

[mod]I am, therefore, closing this.[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Learning about how trademark works for game titles has given me new understanding about another reason why AAA developers/publishers sometimes reveal new games as "Project XXX" as a working title instead of the actual title. The cutthroat world of trademarks and IP trolls gets rougher every year as the pool of available titles for (legally safe) use shrinks due to the limitations of language.
how does everybody even finish anything

i have like 5 projects in the backburner and it's just so sad that i probably won't get to finish all or maybe even any of them
Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?
It's been a long time since I was here but I have a lot of updates... btw I am teaching again about game programming and game design in some schools here in Brazil hahahaha It's good to see kids and teens learning this kind of thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Majo_Ellen