Legend has it that 9000 miles to the South, away from the land of RPG Maker Web, lies a mysterious island of art. Buried somewhere on this mystical island is a treasure chest that, once opened, will grant its conqueror a prodigious prize that all RM users have been yearning for since the beginning of time. But alas, no prize ever comes unpaid. In order to reach this treasure chest, one must struggle through the greatest and most rigorous ordeal of their artistic life, in what the legend refers to as, The Tomb of the Lost Art. When, and only when, one has overcome a hundred artistic challenges, will they be shown with the Light of Guidance, which will lead them to the treasure chest, and also the end of their long winded suffering. Many aspiring creative workers have set their foot onto this island, and none of which has ever been seen or heard of again.
A map of the Tomb itself has been passed down from generations to generations, and is said to be drawn (written) by none other than the first adventurer ever to conquer the ordeal, Don Miguel.
- Participants are to complete all 100 themes in order to win this challenge. However, participants are free to take however long they want or need to.
- Entries are not expected to be done completely from scratch, but a considerable amount of effort is obviously still required. Be fair, honest and give credits where it's due.
- All forms of art are welcome. Your submissions don't have to be all in one art form. Themes can be interpreted in any way you like, and you can use any artistic medium you deem fit for conveying your interpretation.
- Participants are to register here in this thread and I will make a thread for each participant where their status is shown and updated. Entries from each participant will be submitted to their respective thread. Everyone is welcome to comment on entries and encourage participants in those threads.
- Participants can complete the themes in any order, except for the Introduction and Endings. Introduction must be done first, and Endings must be done last.
- Participants are not allowed to tackle more than one theme with one single entry. This is to avoid cheating by adding all of the themes randomly into one entry. That's against the spirit of this challenge.
- Each entry must be worth at least one hour of work. In the case an entry looks too suspiciously effortless, I reserve the right to deny it.
- Participants are to follow the rules imposed by the challenge/theme. Any questions may be asked. However, I reserve the right to disqualify any entries that I feel do not meet the criterion.
Each participant will receive a badge and a status bar in their challenge thread according to their current progress.
Aside from the honorary Mark of Glory badge (as well as all of the previously achieved badges), the winners of the challenge will also be able to receive any one store product of their choice.
- Special thanks to Marimo for the Banner Art.
- Special thanks to Archeia for the idea.
- Banner/Header font is Chiller.
Last edited by a moderator: