Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Tomoaky Puzzle Battle VX Ace
Version: 1.01
Author: Tomoaky (original VX script) / AMoonlessNight (VX Ace conversion)
Date: 17 Oct 2020
Latest: 17 Oct 2020

About

This script is a port of a VX script by Tomoaky that recreates a falling block puzzle (based on the game Puyo Puyo).
Blocks fall in groups of two and can be rotated clockwise or counter-clockwise. Group blocks in clusters of four to destroy them. You lose when the fall count reaches zero (solo mode, if set) or the blocks touch the ceiling. You win by clearing all of the blocks, or your opponent losing (CPU mode).
You can either play solo mode or against the CPU. When playing against the CPU, if you destroy a cluster of blocks, you'll send a group of obstacle blocks onto the opponent's screen.

Instructions

Details in the script in the demo. The demo has some graphics that will need to be put into your project as well.

Screenshots
screenshot.png

Script

See the demo below.

Demo

Terms of Use

As according to Tomoaky's original terms and conditions (website is down, link is via Wayback Machine). Also:
  • Please credit Tomoaky, the creator of the VX script, and AMoonlessNight or A-Moonless-Night for this conversion
  • Free for non-commercial use; no commercial use
  • If you would like to edit/adjust this script, please make edits as a new script (do not edit this script directly) and provide proper credit
  • I'd love to see your game if you end up using one of my scripts
Update Log
17/10/2020 - script created

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Girl, you're lust awesome like I already told you. :LZSjoy: Thanks a lot for taking on my request!! I already did some test plays and the result is fantastic. I love this!

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
While playing, I got a random stack error with no further information. Game remains open buts stays freezed. Had to use Task Manager to get it closed.

Unbenannt.png

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm, I'll look into it. Was it in the demo project? And do you remember what you did before the error popped up?

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, it was in the demo project. Cannot remember exactly what I did before the error occured. Just that I had a quite fast paced match against the AI.

This is what is written in error_log.txt:
Cache:106: stack level too deep, SystemStackError

Maybe it has something to do with it.

EDIT: Found some minor issues that occur if the player either wins or loses.

1. There's an offset at the enemy graphics, which is not shown in place.
2. Blocks appear above the border and victory/defeat-text

Unbenannt.png

Last edited:

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Cool, I'll do a bit of digging and figure out what the issue is. The other problems should be easy enough to solve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Those kittens I met the other day all found loving homes. I might miss playing with them, but I'm glad they found owners to care for them. In the meantime, my Orlando trip is likely to happen on the 29th. While I wait for that, I'll be working on Angel of Justice...
I really need to work on my time management skills... I have one plot-based roleplay here, another plot-based roleplay there, I have the fangame to work on, I'm trying to get into Runescape again....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nonsense