koraiel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have an event that goes for skill learning and it keeps going back to the first skill that is being taught even though I have set it to use that event only if a conditional item branch is discovered, at which time the item is removed from the inventory (a key item) and then replaced by the next key item that is used for the next skill. I tried setting it up so that only the skill learned was the trigger, but that again did the same thing...for some reason it does not seem to want to navigate to the next event page. I have the pages in order from highest being first triggered page to lowest being last triggered page as well just to make sure. I tried using Tsukihime's CustomPageConditions plugin as well, but to no avail. It would be nice if I could get this figured out as then I would be able to finish the opener of my project and actually get busy with the game itself. Any constructive advice helps, and thank you in advance for your help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We can only help you if you show us the event in screenshots.
Make sure the Screenshot has the complete event window and it should be one Screenshot of the page that isn't activated correctly and one of the page that is active instead.

koraiel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That will be rather difficult as there are roughly ten pages of events, but like I said...I have followed the way I am supposed to set up event pages, but even though I have it set so that the event switches once and item is acquired...the acquired item does not trigger the new event page...I don't really know how else to explain it other than that, and as I stated...there are roughly ten pages of events that are all set up exactly the same way...the first page (meaning the highest numbered page) is set up like that as well, but once the event of that page takes place, the item in question is removed so as not to activate the same event once again, but it does just that...the event activates even without the item in inventory which should not take place. There are no autorun events, or parallel events neither to misconstrue the event listing. I'm going to try to load the special events (the ones in question) onto one event page and see if that does anything....I'll let ya know the results.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show screenshots of at least a couple of them, if they are set up the same?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't have the pages in the wrong order, do you? The engine starts with the highest numbered page and works its way back to the lowest, and as soon as it comes across one that has no conditions or its conditions are met, it uses that.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so you can't show it. Not much we can do about it then. But 10 pages?! The problems probably have something to do with priority order.

Here's a thing to learn :
Avoid using multiple pages UNLESS it's REALLY necessary.

You don't use parallel process or autorun, and most pages are pretty similar. So why don't you use a simple conditional branch instead?
eventing.JPG

Last edited:

koraiel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The entire thing is pages of conditional branches Kuro DCupu, without parallel or autorun which I already stated in a previous message... and Shaz, the pages are in order from highest being the first page to be used going down like I already stated in a previous message...

And just to make sure, I am using Tsukihime's CustomPageConditions, although I have still tried using the item conditions trigger set to the item S1 Known...all skills to be learned use this system of add item S() Known +1 / S() Known -1 to start and kill event progress. This is only the first three pages of skill eventing and all unnecessary things have been blacked out.
Screenshot(1).jpg Screenshot(2).jpg Screenshot(3).jpg Screenshot(4).jpg Screenshot(5).jpg

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the pages are in order from highest being the first page to be used going down like I already stated in a previous message...
I think you misunderstood how page priority works.

If more than one page has its conditions fulfilled, then the highest page number takes priority.
So if both page 10 and page 9 have their conditional fulfilled, then only page 10 will be processed. For page 9 to be active, you need to make sure that the condition for page 10 is NOT true.

So your page 7 can only be active if the Party doesn't have that equipment that is the conditional for page 8 (which has higher priority than page 7 if its conditional is true).

Alisu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like you have the got the page logic upside down. For quick try, just try switch the page order to opposite. If that works at least somewhat, then it's time to fime tune the page order.

koraiel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks Andar for having me go back and recheck the requirements...All's good in the eventing now, and I had to drop Hime_CustomPageCondition plugin...for some reason it caused a crash in the game whenever a map involving the plugin was accessed...Like I said though, got it working. Thanks for the help Andar!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.
Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raizus