Too Many Forum Sections

ChinaLake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's too many forum sections and we have to search exactly which one our post fits in. It's simpler to have sections that cover wider areas, this will also help posts get more views.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It takes no time to quickly search through the sections and determine where your post best goes. At least, that's how it is for me.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's already explained and organized.

javascript board = all MZ, MV, plugin support, request etc.
if you need something, you know where to put those, not that difficult though.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's tricky at first. You'll get the hang of it.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
We already organized the forums to the best of our abilities. If you have any suggestion we are open for it.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
pretty much all need is maker specific (latest engines MZ if using that 1) for anything default engine related. and javascript forum for anything plugin related.

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Archeia I have a suggestion . . . let me edit my post, #19.

I had an issue with my Dropbox account, and I had to reupload a lot of content that I had saved elsewhere.

I'm aware that the contest has ended. The reason that I would like to edit my post is so that if anyone visits the thread, perhaps to view the submissions, they would be able to view my submission.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Stimulantfound If you are unable to edit your post, that is a separate issue from the forum structure. Members should be able to edit their posts. If you are unable to edit your posts, that should be brought up in the Forum Update thread - as that is likely when the issue occured - or in a separate thread.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Members can't edit their posts if the thread has been closed.

ChinaLake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It takes no time to quickly search through the sections and determine where your post best goes. At least, that's how it is for me.
There's 31 sections + some that have sub sections.

We already organized the forums to the best of our abilities. If you have any suggestion we are open for it.

Hi. Theres 31 sections in total + some have sub sections.
Each RPG Maker should have their own Support category that has all in one: for javascript, non-javascript and plugin request.
Because as it is now, when a support request falls into more than one section the moderator will choose it belongs to the other section more and will move the support request.
Also having all support sections in one for each RPG Maker type will give more views to posts.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's 31 sections + some that have sub sections.
I'm aware. I can only really speak for myself, but I find everything is labeled intelligently and makes navigation fairly smooth.

And I don't think having the various Maker supports in one section is a good idea. What works in one Maker might not work in another, and the last thing anyone wants is someone familiar with VX trying to solve an MZ problem because they didn't catch that it was an MZ issue.

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Shaz At least now I know why . . . :frown:

I don't suppose someone that has the authority to open and close threads could edit it for me if I sent them a link to the re-uploaded video?

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Stimulantfound We didn't/don't want any user to update their submission, because the deadline for the contest is over.
If you want to share your updated version, I suggest you make a thread for it in Maker Casual. This way people will be able to see it and comment on it.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do agree the number of forums and their organization is confusing.

Why is Javascript its own section and it has sub-forums for MV and MZ releases, instead of those being sub-forums within the RPG Maker MV or MZ forums? And then the plugins in development and request forums aren't maker typed at all, despite differences between the two engines. It seems to me it would not cause confusion if plugin releases, requests and development all happened in the same forum, grouped by Maker engine (aside from the thread titles, flairs could be supported to differentiate).

The same applies to resources - why have a separate resource forum with engine-specific sub-forums, instead of making those be inside the forums for those engines? And then resource requests are their own un-typed forum, instead of them simply being made inside the, for example, VXA resources forum or MZ resources forum.

If a person primarily uses one engine (which I think is the majority of people), they still need to scroll along a long list of forums and sub-forums to see whether a category exists for their topic and engine, instead of it all being in one place. I think the number of moderator posts that move threads to different forums is evidence that the organization is unintuitive (yes, some people just make mistakes or don't look before posting, but thread moving and thread closing is the majority of mod activity).

ChinaLake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm aware. I can only really speak for myself, but I find everything is labeled intelligently and makes navigation fairly smooth.

And I don't think having the various Maker supports in one section is a good idea. What works in one Maker might not work in another, and the last thing anyone wants is someone familiar with VX trying to solve an MZ problem because they didn't catch that it was an MZ issue.
I meant that MV, MZ, VX have their own categories, for example: they each have a sub category for Support that encompasses all types of support requests, that way moderators aren't moving posts around because they think a post belongs more to a category than the other, also the post will get more views this way.

Last edited:

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I meant that MV, MZ, VX have their own categories but for example the they each have a sub category for Support that encompasses all types of support requests, that way moderators are moving posts around because they think a post belongs more to a category than the other, also the post will get more views this way.
So, have each Maker have its own section, but within each section have a single, all-encompassing "Support" forum that you can post any and all support questions in, right?

That sounds pretty alright, now that I understand what you mean, though I'd guess that mods would have to ask themselves if it would be more or less of a headache to have every type of support topic in one place, instead of keeping them separated. I'm actually curious to know what they think.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Finally, I got a good Gmail message [from smg5urded]
"This game does look a bit plain, but, I'm sure this does not destroy the experience as a whole. Monsters fit your style of game-play, mapping looks crude but I'm sure you can make it better if you do a remake of Forgotten Eclipse"
Going to start a new project today. OMG, it will be on RPGMaker MV. :D
Paid material WIP~
EysZO9cVEAEWy9W

This is Alchemy pack.
I decided to add more witch elements.

Now we have wooden props, candles, pots, and potion bottles.
We also want to add herbs, kettles, fireplaces, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinhapower