HalestormXV

Deranged
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm/English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright I don't really know if this will help anyone but I made a tool that will auto-compile your game into the android-apk file for distribution. This does not generate the keys that you may need if you are a PlayStore developer. This simply packs up the APK files. Once you have them you have to follow Play Store rules (if you are using the google market). This might not be useful for anyone and other people might have other methods etc. 

This tool assumes that you already set-up your environment to compile your project into APK files. If you do not know how to do that I suggest these two tutorials:

Part 1

Part 2
So what does my tool do. Well it only works on Windows currently as it is a batch file. You are free to make a mac one if you want. 

1. Very simply put after, you deploy your project you can run the tool and point it to the directory where you deployed for Android. 

2. You name the package.

3. It automates the process for you to compile your game to an APK.

NOTE: This tool uses the setup from the videos posted in the spoilers. If you have a different setup you may have to change the file around. You don't need to use this if you don't want to and it is a batch file so many people might be afraid to use it. So rather than post a "download" link I will post the actual source code and you can save it as a .bat file on your own. This is totally open source and you are free to do what you want with it. 

Here is the link: http://pastebin.com/FbEX9nnS

As I said this is totally open source. Feel free to enhance it or do what you like for it. It works for me and made the process much easier to get everything into a nice APK file. 

Last edited by a moderator:

HalestormXV

Deranged
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm/English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks. Like I said it is really basic and there are other things out there that can do this. But this was just something simple I whipped together because I got annoyed using the command prompt all the time to compile the project. I know you can easily use like I-XDK or Cacoon. 

Ouren

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh for sure, but this is likely an excellent way for people starting out to see the "magic moment" of game development. When it runs on an "exotic" device for the first time

that's when it feels real

Ichida za Zeal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I ran it as close to the letter as possible, the program said the files were made, but as you can see from this screenshot... they aren't there. Help?

notworking.png

HalestormXV

Deranged
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm/English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My first thought is that you aren't running it as Administrator. At least the screenshot seems to indicate that. Because my .bat file doesn't do anything other than execute commands on a user level (for security purposes and general practice) it is possible that your computer is not letting it "create" the files even though they are successfully compiled. Try running it as the Administrator.

If that isn't the case then I don't quite know why you don't see the files. I have two suggestions. Try refreshing your explorer. Perhaps they are there but just not visible (unlikely but still a possibility). The second suggestion I have is try running the .bat file outside of your www folder. So rather then have the bat file in the www folder like your screenshot shows, try putting it in the parent folder (in your case the actual output folder) and running it from there. Just make sure that you copy and paste the correct location of the www directory when prompted to enter it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.
SF_Actor3_8 added!

A recent screenshot that I also shared on Reddit and the likes, links in my signature if you want to follow :)

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fish_Fish