KingHazeel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Anyone know where I can get those images?

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I re-uploaded those images, so get them while they are fresh!

KingHazeel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Does anyone know the font used in the Final Skill Bar image for the orange letters? I'm asking because I wanted to replace the letters and create three different images.

EDIT: I got this weird error...

"unitialized connstant Sprite_PearlTool::ABSScene" on line 570. This happens when I set up the save menu through an event, but only through an event. The user can still use the save system from the menu.

EDIT 2: OK I fixed it. It's basically a problem that occurs when you turn on the Pearl Skill Bar and then immediately save. In my case, this was during a cutscene. Waiting for a frame between these two fixes the problem.

Last edited:

KingHazeel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I noticed that the :letters were not changing color to fit the RGBA code. I added this line below line 603:

@info_keys.bitmap.font.color = Fonts[:letters][:color]

That fixed the issue, if anyone else is having this problem.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"unitialized connstant Sprite_PearlTool::ABSScene" on line 570.
That's actually a line I forgot to comment out from the script (it was a compatibility edit for a custom menu I made). My bad!
I updated the script and got rid of those lines.
Also added that missing color change line. No idea how I missed that all this time, nice catch!

I have no idea what font type I used for that image, and I don't remember where I saved the PSD file for it, sorry!
But you can just open the image in any image editing software (that supports transparency), delete the letters, and add in your own letters with the font style you want to use.

KingHazeel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh I realized I could simply just remap the letters to be on the side, so that takes care of that. Although something that has caught my attention is that although skills 3 and 4 are gone in this new toolbar, you can still try to assign them in the menu. Is there a way to disable this in the script or should I just find and comment out the relevant lines in Falcao's original script?

EDIT: Also, what is this part of the script for?

if EnableSettings[:letters] == true
@info_keys.bitmap.dispose
@info_keys.dispose
end

I noticed it was crashing when I made in-game script calls to turn the letters off and on.

Last edited:

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This script is for setting up the visuals of the toolbar. It doesn't change anything with how the tools are used or equipped.
It shouldn't be hard to find the relevant lines in Falcao's scripts for what you want, but I can't help with that right now, my HDD almost died, and I'm waiting for the replacement before I do anything else on my laptop.

The sprite for the letters will only get created if that setting is enabled. If it wasn't enabled when the toolbar was made, and it gets enabled later, it will create problems.
You can't just enable/disable something in a script without encountering errors if the script was not written in a way to support that kind of change during run-time.
But what exactly was the script call you used? If you simply changed that constant, that won't work. Constants are named that way because they are not meant to be changed directly from anywhere. Even if you change that during the game, the change won't be saved, so every time the game is restarted, it will reset to the default value from the script settings, and even if it would work without errors, it would still be bad coding habit. Let them constants remain constants! :p

KingHazeel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well basically what I'm doing is setting up control options for the player. Right now I have three settings. Left hand (for arrow key users), right hand (for WASD users) and numbers. Except when I set the numbers up, I ran into an issue. I'm assuming you're familiar the script call to automatically set up skills. I.e.:

$game_party.set_skill(3, 10, :Q)

However, a lot of people have had issues doing this with numbers. I.e.

$game_party.set_skill(3, 10, :N1)

Well...that's because the script isn't actually setting the skill based on the key setting. It's setting the skill based on the display setting. For example:

Skill = [PearlKey::Q, 'Q']

My initial script call $game_party.set_skill(3, 10, :Q) would work with this. And if we changed it to this:

Skill = [PearlKey::F, 'Q']

It would still work, because Q is the display name. What a lot of people want to do is set up their skillbar like this.

Skill = [PearlKey::N1, '1']

They want to use a number key like "N1" but want to just display "1". So the proper script call would be this:

$game_party.set_skill(3, 10, :1)

However ABS Pearl doesn't like this. It doesn't want to set a skill based on an integer like 1. So in order to make these calls, the display name would need to be something like "N1".

Back to your script. I was setting up the display variables. :letters would show up on the right side of the square, so they are always visible and would represent the correct key based on the user's control setup. However, for the number set up to work, I had to set it to N1-N6. My idea to solve this is that when the user set up the control scheme to numbers, I would actually replaced the SkillBarFinal with a look-a-like SkillBarFinal2. SkillBarFinal2 is the same, but it has numbers 1-6 next to it. In order to avoid overlap between this and N1-N6 :letters, I turn the :letters to false until they select a different control scheme.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I remember that script call, and why I didn't like it before.
I made a different script call for changing equipped items and skills a long time ago to avoid these issues (among others I shall not mention now :D).
Code:
class Game_Interpreter

def set_skill_n(actor, sid, slot)
    return if actor.nil?
    skill = $data_skills[sid]
    return unless actor.skills.include?(skill)
    case slot
    when 1; actor.assigned_skill  = skill
    when 2; actor.assigned_skill2 = skill
    when 3; actor.assigned_skill3 = skill
    when 4; actor.assigned_skill4 = skill
    end
  end

def set_item_n(actor, iid, slot)
    return if actor.nil?
    item = $data_items[iid]
    return unless has_item?(item)
    case slot
    when 1; actor.assigned_item   = item
    when 2; actor.assigned_item2  = item
    end
  end

end
They are almost the same, but instead of using that letter text to determine the skill/item slot, you use their slot ID, and instead of using actor IDs, you use the actual actor object.
For example:
Code:
=begin

actor = $game_party.leader
  set_skill_n(actor, 25, 1)
This sets the 1st skill to Skill 25 for the party leader.

actor = $game_party.members[1]
  set_item_n(actor, 140, 2)
This sets the 2nd item to Item 140 for the second party member.

actor = $game_actors[15]
  set_skill_n(actor, 271, 4)
This sets the 4th skill to Skill 271 for Actor 15.

=end
Using these script calls, you can change the equipped skills/items regardless of what that letter setting is set to in Falcao's script.

Last edited:

KingHazeel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Huh...that is...way less convoluted than my approach. XD Where can I find the others BTW?

KingHazeel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okaaaay...I finally managed to get time to work on my game again and there seems to be something wrong with the way I'm doing the command. I imported the script snippit, but when I put in the command, it says it can't find a method for set_skill_n. I have no idea why that is.

https://i.imgur.com/7D2PVLy.png

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, that was my oversight.
I have no idea why I put those methods in Game_Party. In any case, I edited the snippet above and fixed the class for the methods, so it should work now.

KingHazeel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yep it works! Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg
RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!
Batch converting .mp3 to .ogg files is making my computer soooo slow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iahhel