[Tools] Anti RGSS Decrypter

Reaction score
First Language
GML
Primarily Uses
[RPG Maker Tools] Anti RGSS Decrypter

What is it?

This is a program that will protect your game from "RGGS Decypter" (a program to stole all your game resources, include datas and graphics).

How it work?

There's 2 program, "Anti RGSS Decrypter.exe" and "ARD Launcher RC2.exe" (you can rename it)

Anti RGSS Decrypter.exe will encrypt your *.rgssXX file and Audio file (optional). And watch my video below :p

How to use & how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSuyCtKwqsg

Youtube URL: watch?v=dSuyCtKwqsg
Download:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81726494/App/Anti%20RGSS%20Decrypter.rar

Only works as long as no one knows which folder that is

ok, I have to do a revision, because it's still hackable :p

Note:

1. This is more stable but not the perfect one. It's still possible to decrypt the game's data, and let me know by send me PM if you've succeeded in doing it, I will fix it.
2. Do not include Anti RGSS Decrypter.exe in your game (after encryption is done), it's not needed anymore

3. You need to input password to secure your datas, so if you willing to Update your game, you need the same password !

4. Credit is not needed, but let me know if you wanna donate a dollar to me :p   (I have paypal & ATM :guffaw: and yeah, I can reinstall windows :troll: )

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Program and Utility Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
audio encryption... neat

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Tried this out with 2 decrypters that I'm aware of and it works like a charm!

Misaki

Pikalyze
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally, I can start working on my project without constantly thinking about the resource pack I purchased being taken from the game.

Reaction score
First Language
GML
Primarily Uses
What algorithm did you use to encrypt the data?
do I need to tell you what the encryption algorithm? lol

it's so harmfull dude :D

Whoa at the Audio Encryption, that's pretty neat :'O
audio encryption... neat
yep, you able to encrypt your audio file :)

Tried this out with 2 decrypters that I'm aware of and it works like a charm!
thanks for trying to decrypt it and review it here :D

Finally, I can start working on my project without constantly thinking about the resource pack I purchased being taken from the game.
congrats :D

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
When the splash screen occurs, is it trying to precache or something? It just got me curious why it was there. I couldn't tell since this pc is relatively fast.

Reaction score
First Language
GML
Primarily Uses
When the splash screen occurs, is it trying to precache or something? It just got me curious why it was there. I couldn't tell since this pc is relatively fast.
believe me, it's safe. it just decrypt the datas and run the Game.exe

splash screen is optional, you can disabled it by delete Splash.png, or don't click Splash button in Anti RGSS Decrypter.exe

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That could be interesting, especially the music encryption part.

Can you specify the terms of use, please ?

Is this program available for free even for commercial games ?

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That could be interesting, especially the music encryption part.

Can you specify the terms of use, please ?

Is this program available for free even for commercial games ?
4. Credit is not needed, but let me know if you wanna donate a dollar to me :p   (I have paypal & ATM :guffaw: and yeah, I can reinstall windows :troll: )
I'm pretty sure that means it's free even for commercial use.  It would be better if it were donationware (must donate at LEAST $1 to activate it), but I'm not the author of this program.  That part is solely up to him.

Reaction score
First Language
GML
Primarily Uses
uhmm, ya it's free. Extra feature for donator is not available (yet), I don't have any idea what feature for it :)

but do a donation surely make my happy :D

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As I understand it, it is easily reversible. So, if one knows the algorithm, it can be cracked in an instant.

So, it is secured until...

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Actually I guess obscurity is a good form of protection when it comes to protecting data that is given to clients, because all they have to do is attach a debugger and read the instructions.

If they know the algorithm, that saves them the effort of having to actually read the instructions.

It's all just a matter of how much work they need to go through, since all of the stuff happens on their end anyways.

So it definitely be dangerous to tell anyone how it works because that only takes away from the effectiveness.

cremnophobia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
And there I thought someone made something that would fill my evening …

Where's the challenge when your launcher already writes the decrypted files to the disk? And why don't you mention other coders whose work you used like score_under - ha, I remember the name - it's not the first time his work is used in the RPG Maker community without proper credits - who wrote the (probably) most important part: the encryption (dll_enc.dll) and then also “beg” for money?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh, is that how it works. That's kind of silly. I can see why he didn't want to give any information regarding how the security was done. Where are the files stored?

Kurisu

game dev, pilot, cat lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
non-english
Primarily Uses
Aww. It's still nice though. I'd consider it to be a protection "good enough" to stop an average user from obtaining data files from your game easily, for example when you use copyrighted music whose author requires you to protect it somehow, that should do the trick.

I mean seriously, nothing is going to stop someone who really wants to get your stuff, so this is fighting a losing battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bektos