Spoonie Artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TORAT
(No banner yet...)

Disclaimer: This game deals with potentially disturbing topics (abuse, mental illness, intrusive thoughts, self destructive impulses, etc). Nothing explicit, but discretion definitely advised. There's implications. You won't like them.
Disclaimer 2: I was only introduced to Yume Nikki after I started making this.

SYNOPSIS
  • A psychological exploration game dealing with disability (mine), trauma (also mine), and coping (...also mine).
  • The player explores 'their' own headspace- even the parts they don't want to. Sorry 'bout that.
  • There's minimal plot, but there will be a happy ending because I'm allergic to sadness. I'm not saying the ending will make sense to anyone who hasn't been through traumatic experiences, but it'll be happy at least? :kaopride:
  • Custom graphics by moi (ft many public domain images and sleep deprived scribbles)
  • Maps are vaguely linked to cards of the Major Arcana, and you collect "i's" (eyes) to find out more about yourself.
  • Eventually there should be enough "i's" to make a full deck...? Depends on if I can think up enough Cool Text to put in them. If you collect every single one you get something nice, because I am nice like that.
  • You might not be the only one wandering around in here...
  • You know what? You've probably played horror games before. You know how this goes. You are definitely not the only one in there.

IMAGES
3jVkEpe.gif

038vGFG.gif

cgrklWy.gif

mQKmCFo.gif

lfkRjXW.gif

Last edited:

Rehjul

not a good person
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems pretty cool. I dig the art in the screens you’ve shared, and the theme seems like an especially interesting one. Does the name hold any significance beyond being ‘Tarot’ backwards? And what are your plans per a demo?

seryphi

Spoonie Artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! :kaothx: The name is significant in that it's "Tarot" backwards, but it's also something else. It's the plot!

As for a demo, I technically have a working one right now, even though I've only hit maybe a third of the maps I need to complete the game. The backbone (scripts, setup, etc) is there, I just gotta fill everything out. Once I have a little more substance to the project I'll figure out what to pull for a playable demo and put that up.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nearing completion of the first major city of Albert, a vacation getaway city built a long time ago by a king who really didn't want to be invaded.
It’s definitely a great day to fit in some time for me to play no mans sky on PS4
Julyon.png

First concept art of one of our main characters love interests who might turn evil depending on her decisions. Or become king of the world. Or marry her. Maybe even everything at once.
Me: *saved the game*
Also me: *exit the game afterward*
The game: "Any unsaved progress will be lost"
Me: "uh,.. alright?"
[I feel a bit sad I did this]
"WhY?...WhY dId YoU KiLl ThEm AlL?...yOu BlOoDy HeLl MoNsTeR...I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!! FOR THE BLOOD OF THE LOST!!!" ~Scars final words before his final battle [not final boss]

Battle Theme: Blood of the Lost
Face Sprite
Forgotten Eclipse_Scar Dead+Final Battle with him.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoGGick855