tyranzero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
should I place in general lounge, or MV support?

I need some help on why it happening.
When I first add MV to PC/in the early day, my PC can last for a long time(hours) till I close the application.
but now, not even 15 minutes my pc shutdown and restart on its own.
only happen when playing or testing, either my own project or other games.
in editor mode, it's fine and progressing well.
I thought I reach the minimum.
also happen to unity, they said my pc can perform unity enough

can help?

Untitled.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.pngUntitled4.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
only happen when playing or testing, either my own project or other games.
that means it is unlikely to have anything to do with your hardware, but is something in your software.
any hardware-based cause would be in the editor as well - actually more in the editor than in the playtest. Although your RAM is a bit on the short side, this should not cause reboots.

and we don't have enough info on your software-side to start guessing.
can you give examples of which other games crash your computer?
and give a screenshot of the plugin manager from your game that does the same?

but most likely it's either a conflict with one of your background programs, or a damaged windows system. Can you give a better description of what exactly happens?

tyranzero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and we don't have enough info on your software-side to start guessing.
Which software? and how to?
can you give examples of which other games crash your computer?
Mostly rpgmv & unity related. ALL rpgmv even if have plugins or not, & unity game when containing 3d/high graphic.
renpy also too if have animation, but manage to bypass with render_fix (most of them)
and give a screenshot of the plugin manager from your game that does the same?
how plugin manager could help?
can't upload here, alt
also crash after finish record, must not have many programs running.

but most likely it's either a conflict with one of your background programs, or a damaged windows system.
Can you give a better description of what exactly happens?
don't know about background programs, or dmged windows system.

2 story:
-IF own project, happen when either playtest or battle test. only battle test, the first & second battle doing fine. but once enter the third battle, a chance for pc crash.
-any deployed games/playtest. play for a minimum total of 5 minutes then a crash happens. can less than that.

both run after pc start up & no other program, immediately run rpgmv

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry - most of your answers show that you have absolutely no idea of how computer work, and this error needs someone who knows how to answer the questions I asked above.

So your best option is to look for a friend who knows a bit more about computers, and show him my post above so that he can answer the questions I posted.
because without those answers nothing will change on your computer.

but given the answers above it is most likely a damaged windows system, which means you have to backup all your data before deleting and reinstalling Windows on your computer.
Do NOT try that on your own - reinstalling Windows requires some knowledge on computers as well.

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'd actually say otherwise. Back in VX early days, this same issue used to happen to me, and it ended up being low graphic memory, due to having low RAM and only the integrated graphics card. It got worse over time because windows tries to virtualize memory from the hard drive, which was 40GB Hard Disk drive with more and more stuff by the day.
I did reinstall windows and the whole kit a lot of times, but nothing worked until actualIy changed the hardware.
[Edit] Just re-read the main post, it seems you got the graphics covered. Should it be hardware, your hard disk or graphics card (one of them) is probably damaged, but now I think it's more likely something about what Andar simplified for you.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd actually say otherwise. Back in VX early days, this same issue used to happen to me
unfortunately that is a completely different thing, because MV-Games are played in a browser and not (like VX) in its own program.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What is a thing you like to see in RPGs?
Well, I hope things go well tomorrow. I think I might be coming down with a cold, so gonna warm up some chicken soup and sleep.
Status too sad. Pls delete, mods. Thanks.
The most important thing to design your game for is fun. If a game isn't fun, why would anyone want to play it? Well, that and "can you play the game?". Anything else is incidental.
I just realized that I have been on this site for nearly 1/3 of my life...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IvansGhost