Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I have a touch based encounter with smart chasing monsters and field of views already set. My chasing monsters will never return, and after each battle its event is set to a blank page.

I already read a lot of topics about events passing through another event, but i don't want my chasing monster to have the through option enabled, because he would pass through walls as well. The above and under conditions doesnt work as well.

There is a manual way to solve this: instead of setting the defeated mobs to a blank page, i could teleport each of those events to a non passable area, so other chasing monsters will not be stopped at those spots. However, i am here to ask if there's another way to make an event pass through another one, or even if there's a script call to completely delete any traces of a given event, making other events able to pass through that tile.

I hope i was clear enough  :) .

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So your problem is that the monsters won't return, right? If thats the case I already have something that works, it goes like

Battle processing

If win

enemy 8 apears

erase event

if escape

nothing

This does work, the enemies reappear after leaving the map.

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
No, that's not the problem rsrs. I don't want my monsters to return at all, it's already working with a blank page.

The actual problem is that if i defeat one event (battle win), he is set to a blank page and stays in the last spot b4 touching me. On that spot no other chasing monster can pass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hollow

(◡‿◡✿)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried checking the "Through" option on the defeated enemy's blank event page?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and after each battle its event is set to a blank page.
On that blank page, put the erase event command.
Do NOT put it on the same page as the battle processing, you still need to switch to a different blank page. That is because "erase event" is only temporary, and when reentering the map from elsewhere the event will be back. But since it's switched to the page with the erase event, it will be erased again without needing to battle it again (that would be happening if you used CorneredCosmos' solution above).

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Thanks for all the answers, the erase event did work (the through setting only works for the chasing event, not for other events to pass through it).

To prevent a player from leaving, reentering the map and have some blocked tile for chasing monster, i will set the "almost blank" page with an erase command and to parallel trigger. I hope it wont lag my project as the erase command will stop the parallel execution loop.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't you just use "Set Event Location" after the battle is won? (Move it to a non-passible spot on the map and remove it's sprite of course)

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can't you just set the dead enemy's blank page to below/above char(if the live enemies are set to same as char, they should beable to go through the dead enemy)?

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
kerbonklin: Yes i can, actually i said that in my first post, but i was searching for another way to do it.

Zolto: This is the first thing i tryed, i set the dead enemy's blank page to below/above char and for me it didnt work. There were still a "invisible walls" to other events.

All in all, the solution given by Andar solved my problem. Thanks everyone and this topic can be closed.  :rock-right:  

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
kerbonklin: Yes i can, actually i said that in my first post, but i was searching for another way to do it.

Zolto: This is the first thing i tryed, i set the dead enemy's blank page to below/above char and for me it didnt work. There were still a "invisible walls" to other events.

All in all, the solution given by Andar solved my problem. Thanks everyone and this topic can be closed.  :rock-right:  
Hm that's weird(RPG maker is changing its own rules it would seem), well glad you found a fix for it atleast.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you set the 'blank' page to above/below, the other events SHOULD be able to pass through it. If they can't, I'd be wondering if you've done any script mods or are using any custom scripts that change the passability? method.

Anyway, since you've found a solution that works ...

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new cutscene system makes it so much easier to add parallel stuff happening in the background, I can easily fill the whole screen with action.

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?
I still cannot wrap my head around how to edit and use arrays in RPG Maker MV o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShadowGray