FREE [Touch the Stars] Looking for 2nd Programmer (Parallax Mapping)!

snoqie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello! I'm Snoqie.
I'm new to the forums, but was introduced to RPG Maker through the "Touch the Stars Game Jam" that I found on itch.io. Although I have never made a game using this engine, I would love to try making one! :kaoluv:

About Me

I am a hobby artist from Korea, who doesn't really do that much art ㅡ haha! I usually only draw when I enter game jams, otherwise I don't really art! I have made games for other game jams before (i.e. College Game Jam, GMTK Game Jam) as a character artist/animator, environment artist, and UI designer. I've included a few samples of my work below.

You can see all the games that I've published here: Snoqie's Itch.io Profile

FINAL.gif Sumi_Walk_Gif.gif sapling_gif.gif strawberry_dog_gif.gif nico_gif.gif

Background.pngnico_2.png

UI_Menu.png1624441706048.png1624441752673.png1624441831537.png1624442173333.png

1624442330771.png 1624442337956.png1624442393294.png1624442439096.png

Game Details

Story: At the moment, I'm still brainstorming ideas and would love to hear feedback from my partner! :kaohi:I am thinking something along the lines of a star hunter (since the theme is "Touch the Stars") and would love to explore it. But I'm 100% open to other ideas as well!

Mood: I'm really into the very ethereal, wistful, artful, peaceful, melancholic aesthetic. I would love to create a world that makes you want to take a moment to appreciate the surroundings and just be in the moment. ^ ㅡ^

Art Style: I've noticed that a lot of the games made with RPG Maker is often pixels, which I don't really have much experience in. That's why I'm hoping my partner would be okay to explore a non-pixel game, or something less conventional using RPG Maker! I think the art style in Panic Attack by zerobeat032 is awesome and really captures your attention! Another good example of "unique" or atypical of an RPG Maker game would be Omori by Omocat.

My Role: I'd probably be focused mostly on art and UI with some writing!

Who I'm Looking For

Ideally, I'd like just one partner as I believe small teams are much better! The most important role would be programming, as I can't do that unfortunately! And if the programmer has some writing / music abilities, that'd be totally awesome as well!

Contact

If you're interested in working together for the next few weeks, feel free to drop me a message here on the forums or send me a Discord message (snoqie#0001). You can also send me an e-mail if you'd like at snoqie@naver.com !

Thank you so much! Can't wait to find a partner in crime~ :kaopride:

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your art looks awesome! I've sent you a PM.
Can you see it? :D

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It does look awesome, and would have fit the aesthetic of my concept perfectly. If I hadn't already partnered up with my wife as the artist, I would 100% have taken you up on this the second I read the post. :)

snoqie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
It does look awesome, and would have fit the aesthetic of my concept perfectly. If I hadn't already partnered up with my wife as the artist, I would 100% have taken you up on this the second I read the post. :)
Thank you, your kind words mean a lot! :kaothx:
And a tag team of wife and husband sounds like the best team to have!! Best of luck to you both. :3

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Same to you, I can tell I'm in for some fierce competition. <3

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would be nice if you would kindly post the requirements for the programming needed. Been using RPG Maker for a while now, yet specific programming requirements would be needed to be posted. For example:
<> plugin creation, handling and optimisation.
<> apparently, even the ordering of the event commands would act as "coding", even if you don't actually write the code - one still needs to understand event creation logic based on what they want. I can create almost any situation through the right plugin/ event commands for example, but I don't dive into plugin creation because there are awesome souls out there to do that and I work with complexity, which takes a long time to be added and especially tested. So, is it just event creation that is needed, or does one need to learn to also write plugins when needed.
<> art integration through plugins: like Aseprite and the coresponding plugin.
<> Javascript knowledge only, or programming knowledge even beyond just Javascript. If you want a complex game, you can go for an MMO, which will need multi-player plugin, database creation and manipulation, etc.
<> optimisation of pre-existent code. You have a project and require someone to go through the event structuring and see whether optimisations can be done.
<> bug hunting and game testing.

Sorry, but for me programming is a very broad term. Writing the code is just a little fragment. And a useless one without the right logic for what one really wants to create :) I may not help with plugin creations, but I can write some scripts where needed, I can structure events, can handle story telling or provide feedback and depth of detail. Depending on how much one would like as well. Complexity usually scares people since they can get lost in that. I embrace it for chaos is my home.

snoqie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
It would be nice if you would kindly post the requirements for the programming needed. Been using RPG Maker for a while now, yet specific programming requirements would be needed to be posted.
That's a good point! Sorry I don't have that described... :kaoeh:
I have actually never made an RPG Maker game (or RPG at all!). The closest game genre I've made is probably a metroidvania. That's why I'm hoping to be with someone who has enough experience that they'd be comfortable taking control over the mechanics and all the programming in general - whatever that may be!
Sorry this is so vague;; > ㅡ<

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a good point! Sorry I don't have that described... :kaoeh:
I have actually never made an RPG Maker game (or RPG at all!). The closest game genre I've made is probably a metroidvania. That's why I'm hoping to be with someone who has enough experience that they'd be comfortable taking control over the mechanics and all the programming in general - whatever that may be!
Sorry this is so vague;; > ㅡ<
Sorry, no worries. Am just one who'd remind people that details and attention to them are always best help in achieving something. Now, I am handling 2 projects on my own and have been so for 2 years (of course, with several massive overhauls since I learnt to do things better). Still many things I ain't dealt with: mainly with adding sprites through the game platform (or obviously plugins) as well as using the RPG Maker MV platform's combat system. With the second I actually did, however I find it clunky, and simple, prefering to create a personal one. Ain't done any progress in that since it's not needed yet, BUT I can take that challenge once needed. If yours is a simple process I think I can throw some help. Hugs, you are appreciated! >:D<

snoqie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry, no worries. Am just one who'd remind people that details and attention to them are always best help in achieving something. Now, I am handling 2 projects on my own and have been so for 2 years (of course, with several massive overhauls since I learnt to do things better). Still many things I ain't dealt with: mainly with adding sprites through the game platform (or obviously plugins) as well as using the RPG Maker MV platform's combat system. With the second I actually did, however I find it clunky, and simple, prefering to create a personal one. Ain't done any progress in that since it's not needed yet, BUT I can take that challenge once needed. If yours is a simple process I think I can throw some help. Hugs, you are appreciated! >:D<
Oh, I'm so sorry! I don't know why I didn't see your reply until now ㅠ ㅡㅠ;; Thank you so much!! You are too kind. :kaoluv: Sounds like you have a lot of projects under your belt, will be rooting for you! >:3

Also, just updated the thread! We're currently a tag team of 2 (me and a programmer). We have an almost complete game design doc of ~28 pages. Our concept is based on resource gathering and village making! :kaopride: My personal art goal is to have a fully custom map with unique and creative designs for the environment and artwork~! Including all custom GUI!^ㅡ ^
Our programmer would like to focus on the game mechanics and implementing all the gameplay so we're hoping to find another programmer who can assist helping bring all my art assets into the game seamlessly!

If this sounds like something you'd be willing to help with, please feel free to send me a message here or on Discord !

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@snoqie Well you got me hooked. Are you interested in having an eventer/writer on your team?

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@snoqie, hello back you awesome soul! I don't know how to work with others online, though I doubt I can't learn it. I love challenging myself with new and new things to add, which is usually how my projects go. There happens to be an Aseprite plugin to help with something like that. However, since I handle the entire work, I only create simple art through Sakan (RPG maker platform Paint-like program to draw, and I love it for the fact you can add those drawings to your tiles quite easily). I don't give myself the time to learn to create assets, so I don't know yet to use that plugin. Though, if you need that I think I can learn it. Am good in creating events in-game if needed, I pay attention to details and am also a game tester if needed. I am somewhat a whale when it comes to investing in my projects, with an outstanding portfolio of stuff purchased. Sucks when you can't digital draw. XD But I can handle:
<> event creation in the game.
<> some plugin usage, my Javascript is still limited.
<> story telling, event handling, logical arrangements of story, etc.
<> game testing.
I do not have your Discord though. Would be interested in seeing how your game projects look like. If interested, I can share some of mine ^^ Hugs >:D<

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sernyx