Camtheman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’m requesting a plugin that mimics the battle system of Touhou Mother. In case you don’t know, Touhou Mother is an Earthbound parody game with Touhou characters made with RPG Maker 2000.

What I’m looking for is the HP Odometer Roll in battles. When you’re attacked, you’re HP slowly rolls down instead of taking all the damage immediately like in Earthbound. All characters need to have separate HP and MP boxes. The same Odometer works for MP. Don’t forget to add the “Mortal damage” effect. When a character takes mortal damage (damage that will kill them) the screen shakes and the line around the box turns orange and the message says the Actor took mortal damage. The rolling HP makes it so you can heal and ally before the die if they take mortal damage.

Also, unless it’s too much to ask, can you make it so the character’s walking sprite is shown on the top left of the box.

You can find a video of Touhou Mother anywhere on YouTube.

Please help me.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think there might already be a request in for this. Maybe check the Plug-In Requests forum and see if the other requester found an answer and if so maybe you can implement it too?

Camtheman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What should I search? I searched for “Touhou Mother Battle System” and nothing related to my request appeared.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not everyone calls it that. I'd just look through the plug-in requests forum and see if anything related. I've seen it called an Earthbound battle system or Mother3 battle system before.

Camtheman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All I’ve found were tutorials for VX Ace. Can someone else help me?

Is it hard to make a plugin because that’s what I’m requesting.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, battle system plug-ins are very hard to make, and they usually end up costing $$$, like $1000 or more. So best chance of it happening is to find if someone already made it or found a way to make it work with a combination of plug-ins. And I know I've seen this request before hence why I suggested just looking through the JS Plug-In Requests threads.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It was only an idea. Anyways, since battle systems take a long time to make it was just a suggestion to check out other threads and see if a solution already existed, as if one did you'd have something now.

Camtheman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there anyone who knows about an Earthbound Battle System that works for RPG Maker MV?

breesk

voted "worst person" 18 times and counting
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
american
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there anyone who knows about an Earthbound Battle System that works for RPG Maker MV?
No, it doesn't exist yet.

STILL WAITING...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

To be released 2021/10/21
Now that I made this "What the MZ RTP is missing" spreadsheet it's itching me to fill some the gaps D:
Aaaaand I completely forgot about the RMMV Chicken Rave my brother decided to implement in a parody of my VERY FIRST UNFINISHED project. We could not escape the chicken rave... The chickens would block the ladder...
I love how I can look up a problem I'm having with my game, find a post from like six years ago that addresses the issue, and the solution provided still works in RPG Maker.
It's times like those that my life feels really easy XD
Change costumes with equipment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vertette