Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

You are some kind of demon who has to escape from a tower. That's all you need to know. The gameplay is about solving different puzzles in order to proceed to the next floor. The goal is to reach the top floor. There is no need to save the game manually as the game offers an automatic save system. At the moment, the game has 10 stages and the total playing time is roughly guessed to be around 40 minutes. Maybe I'll add even more stages if you guys like what I did so far. Until then: Have fun.

SYNOPSIS:
"They locked you up inside a huge tower. Every single floor is full of traps and puzzles designed to prevent you from escaping. The tower also prevents you from using black magic. The only way to leave your prison leads to a secret portal, which is located on the top of Towerø. Can you make your way back to freedom? Can you make it to the top of Towerø?"

SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOAD:
Download
Download Towerø

Greetings,
Tw0Face

Last edited:

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The game is ready.

Leave a little feedback and let me know if you like this. Maybe there will be some more levels then.

Greetings,
Tw0Face

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I gave it a try, it's a pretty well put together short puzzle game. The lack of story would have been annoying if the game had been longer (just because I like to have a reason to keep doing puzzles in most games), so I think ten levels was a good number to keep the game from overstaying its welcome. I do think the 'follow the fire spirit' puzzles were the weakest type of puzzles, if the floor had shown the last path I had tried then maybe it would have been better, since I just suck at memorization so I had trouble remembering exactly where to go... So I ended up just trying squares randomly until I finished.

Something you may want to consider is adding in hints, just to help people who may be good at one type of puzzles but not others. I ended up having to get some help from a friend to solve the second button pressing puzzle, and if I didn't get that help I would've just quit. If you added in a hint after failing a few times that may be able to help point the player in the right direction.

I recorded a full playthrough, it did end up a bit short since I tried to cut out most of the time where I was just staring cluelessly at the puzzles. :rswt

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@hiddenone: I'm very happy that you made up a video of my game and that you took the time to give it a go. Seems like most of the puzzles were not a big deal for you which is good because I didn't want them to be too difficult anyway. When I add more puzzles in the future, I'll definitely have to add some kind of a story, because otherwise it may be too boring for players to solve thousands of puzzles for literally no reason. In terms of the path memorization ones, you made a quite good suggestion to lower the difficulty by simply showing the path the player previously walked, but I'm afraid this will make things too easy. I'm also thinking about removing these kind of puzzles completely and replace them with better ones.

This game is currently my shortest but maybe I'll expand it as soon as I got some good ideas for more puzzles. Thank you for playing. :)

Greetings,
Tw0Face

Last edited:

SpicyNoodleStudios

Aspiring Vigilante
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey downloading it now! Will take notes and share my critique when I finish the game!

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

SpicyNoodleStudios

Aspiring Vigilante
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Tw0Face Haven't beat it yet. Stuck on a puzzle. So far I love the music and like the puzzles. Most of them make me use my brain. However there are a couple memory based puzzles which I just cheated and wrote on paper to memorize. I think maybe you could do more with the tower walls but I also thought they might be left plain and crumbly on purpose. Will update when I make more progress in the games. Also I think changing the music every handful of puzzles was really smart so good job on that!

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SpicyNoodleStudios: Thanks for the feedback so far. You could tell me in which puzzle you're currently stuck, so I can help you. As for the tower walls, I kept it minimal with cosmetic stuff. I'd rather put effort into gameplay than into mapping.
Also I think changing the music every handful of puzzles was really smart so good job on that!
Thanks for that. :)

Greetings,
Tw0Face

SpicyNoodleStudios

Aspiring Vigilante
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SpicyNoodleStudios: Thanks for the feedback so far. You could tell me in which puzzle you're currently stuck, so I can help you. As for the tower walls, I kept it minimal with cosmetic stuff. I'd rather put effort into gameplay than into mapping.

Thanks for that. :)

Greetings,
Tw0Face
I'm actually stuck on the last stage (stage ten?). It seems impossible but if I know anything about impossible puzzles its just that I suck :LZSexcite:. I mean, it's that they aren't impossible and never to give up! Yeah! Thanks for making this brain game for everyone to enjoy! (it was supposed to be a joke but it just looks depressing now...)

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SpicyNoodleStudios:

Hidden Path Solution
2x left, 2x up, 3x left, down, 2x left, up, 2x left, 2x down, 3x left, 2x up, left. Don't forget that you have to go all the way back after you hit the first switch.

Ice Path Solution
I marked you the way from the switch. The switch itself should be easy to reach.

Greetings,
Tw0Face

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Guinverre played Towerø. Nice! Take a look the video if you like to. :LZSwink:

eluukkanen

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Very cool looking project idea of being in a tower and with puzzles.

FleshToDust

Eventer, Disliker of Plugins
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Played your game.

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@FleshToDust Thanks for playing this one as well. You almost made it through. There's one stage left to go. :LZSwink: How did you like it so far?

FleshToDust

Eventer, Disliker of Plugins
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tw0Face I liked it. I'm real into dungeon crawler type games where you climb towers higher up or go deeper down. I'm not a huge fan of puzzle games but this was fun. There were a few puzzles I didn't like(the trial and error memory puzzle I mentioned in the video) but that one where you have to touch a block only once and hit them all and hit the blue button was fun.

Almost made it eh? So close yet so far. Heh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero
Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?
well, I definitely have a type, cute redheads with medusa piercings, met and hit it off with two of them in the last 72 hours, what does it mean lol?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AkiraSenki