Town name ideas

Iamaperson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need some ideas for possible names for the towns in my game. For now their placeholder names are Ice Village, Desert Town etc. But they obviously need to be better than that. Problem is I have no idea what to name these towns.

- A town that you start the game in. It's a small village that is always snowing,
- A town with more of a medieval feel to it. The ground is pavemented and the main focus of the town is a big castle where the Queen resides.
- A desert town. It leads to the final dungeon of the game.
- This is more of a Kingdom, but during part of the story you end up in a 'Sky Kingdom' (a kingdom in the sky). Its a very mystical place, so the name should probably fit that description.

I might decide to create more towns eventually, depending on how I feel. But for now, this is all I have. I'll upload screenshots of the towns, aside from the Desert Town because I haven't designed that one yet.
I am also well aware that I'll have to improve the look of the towns quite a lot. They look pretty terrible right now.

Attachments

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can try using Fantasy Name Generator.
It has been a great help to me in the past.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It can help to first identify any notable features of the place, in its appearance, location, history, etc. Where is it? Why was it built?

The snowy town, for example, could be something like "Snowfort" (that big stone place looks important) or "Pineside" (lots of trees around). The royal town could be something simple like "Kingsrest" or might draw more on why/how it was founded...or maybe who discovered it, mysteriously deserted hundreds of years ago! The sky kingdom screenshot seems very green and vibrant, maybe a name involving plant names, flowers, or life? "Vivantis" or "Sunsong Kingdom", maybe? These are just ideas. :kaoswt2:

When you get around to improving the mapping, you may find this cute comic by Yanfly helpful~ http://yanfly.moe/2017/04/19/comic-lets-make-a-town/ :kaojoy:

Iamaperson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It can help to first identify any notable features of the place, in its appearance, location, history, etc. Where is it? Why was it built?

The snowy town, for example, could be something like "Snowfort" (that big stone place looks important) or "Pineside" (lots of trees around). The royal town could be something simple like "Kingsrest" or might draw more on why/how it was founded...or maybe who discovered it, mysteriously deserted hundreds of years ago! The sky kingdom screenshot seems very green and vibrant, maybe a name involving plant names, flowers, or life? "Vivantis" or "Sunsong Kingdom", maybe? These are just ideas. :kaoswt2:

When you get around to improving the mapping, you may find this cute comic by Yanfly helpful~ http://yanfly.moe/2017/04/19/comic-lets-make-a-town/ :kaojoy:
Thanks for the advice. I quite like the name 'Sunsong Kingdom'. I might consider using that name.
Also, really good comic. Its very helpful.

Iamaperson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can try using Fantasy Name Generator.
It has been a great help to me in the past.
I'll also definitely consider using Fantasy Name Generator. I've used it before for character names. Thanks for the advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So ms store had an idea to nuke the the entire app when the file integrity is slightly broken.
Im on another months long scripting high. I wonder if I can go SSJS3?

Version Fille in english is now complete!
Download the game on itch.io:
Talk about it here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/120802/

Enjoy and share!
3am me was like.... Hey buddy, what if I told you, where we're going we don't need events? :LZSwink:
5pm me is like.... Was 3am me onto something? No! Must work on actual gameplay! Rabbit hole bad! :kaoback:
I'm thinking of having a scavenger-based way to learn advanced skills in my first game, and use the work I did for figuring out a skill grid/maze instead for an optional dungeon in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arkhanis