TP Give Skill Similar to FF's Entrust skill

kevin olsen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
norwegan
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As the title says is there any way to create a skill that gives a certain characters aquired TP to a character of his choice similar to Final Fantasy's entrust ability where you take all you limit points and add them to another to ex. quickly fill a certain characters limit in my case TP to use that characters ultimate ability faster

Lord Vectra

Master Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is it a set amount the player gives or is it always all?

If all, in the dmg formula, you put:
b.tp += a.tp; (dmg formula if any. Otherwise, put 0)

If a set amount like 30, make the TP cost 30 and then put
b.tp += 30; (dmg formula if any. Otherwise, put 0)

No parenthesis and you might want the anti-fail message script.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Lord Vectra gave you the right idea, but it sounds like you're also trying to consume all of the user's TP, so be sure to change the formula to:

b.tp += a.tp; b.tp = 0; (damage formula or 0)

In order to avoid "wasteful" TP donation (excess TP above the target's Max TP), you could instead do:

c = [a.tp, 100 - b.tp].max; b.tp += c; a.tp -= c; (damage formula or 0)

The only little quirk with using the damage formula for this is that you'll visually see a result of 0 damage (since RPG Maker thinks it's a damage or healing skill). This won't affect gameplay. If you want to improve the presentation and avoid this (or even show a popup based on TP restored), there are ways to do this by using code inside a Common Event, but it's considerably more complicated and probably only worth exploring right before you're ready to release your game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popogui