mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh yeah, Flesh to Dust was one of my favorite playthroughs. Watching him actually gave me a lot to consider, and I've changed a lot because of him.

Like, because seeing how he played and listening to his musings, just a couple of things I did were:
  • Making Jack Attack counter enemy cover
  • Looked into a way to add Autosaving (will be available next version)
  • Better conveying that Taking Cover recovers MP
  • Changed up how I did the escape Tutorial, and
  • I got rid of that Shield Break System, because it was just too cumbersome
I think I've managed to learn something from every LP of the game. People have really helped me to make this game better and better, and he was a big part of that for sure!

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 0.07.00 of Trailblazer is now available! This is a BIG patch that should offer a little bit of something for everyone, even if you've already played. The newest update includes a new Side Quest and a demo of how the Bounty Board will work. Along with the new Missions comes multiple ways to complete each, showing that your decisions can determine the outcome of certain events.
7.Missions.png

Not only that, I've completely re-worked the Skill Trees and re-balanced skills and weapons to synergize better; meaning less redundancy, less pointless gatekeeping Skills, and better skills earlier! You Gunslingers should check out Lead Rain, in particular!
LeadRain2.gif

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder if Jack Wesson is related to Lucia Wesson.

With that being said, this game looks fantastic. Love the blend of 3D, and the atmosphere looks incredibly unique for an RPGMaker game. Cheers!

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trailblazer is going to be played on today's stream on RPG Maker Web's YouTube Channel!

Come by and hang out as Steel and Teal run through the latest content!

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hope everyone is having a great Friday! I've got an updated and bug-fixed version of Trailblazer ready to go just in time for the weekend! This includes a couple of bug fixes (including one that would cause the game to crash during one of the side quests), as well as some updates based on the most recent RPG Maker Web Stream by Steel and Teal.

Gunslinger.png

Thank you everyone for your conitinued support and your loving feedback! You all keep me motivated to keep working. I should have some new content to show off within the coming weeks - so stay tuned! https://mf-willblack.itch.io/trailblazer/devlog/185489/version-00702-more-bug-fixes

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's well-known among the community that Khas's Lighting system, while incredibly flexible and efficient in its resource use, has a number of outstanding bugs that were not corrected before he left the community. I've been debating getting rid of his lighting plugin for some time, but I wasn't ready to pull the trigger until now. I've replaced Khas's Lighting Engine with Community Lights, which gives nearly the same level of flexibility, but is much more stable.

BEFORE:
Jail1.png
AFTER:
Jail2.png

I also went ahead and fixed a couple of minor bugs for this update as well.

Link to the download for the most recent version: https://mf-willblack.itch.io/trailblazer/devlog/189110/version-00703-improved-stability

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year! Hopefully, with 2020 behind us, 2021 will be better!

On my end, Trailblazer is still plugging along, as I move closer to Chapters 2 and 3 getting ready for a Beta Release that'll hopefully be coming by February! In the meantime, since it's the holiday season, I've released another update to the Demo to include many of the new and updated mechanics that will be included as part of the next Chapters.

Plus, this new version of the Demo doesn't only have the updated mechanics, it also has a new Cheat Menu in the Options that becomes available once you've completed there Demo, and will carry over to remain unlocked once the full version is available. If you unlock the cheats during the Demo you'll always have them, while people who wait until the full game will need to wait until they beat the full game before they become available.
1609134136666.png
But that's not all!! This new version has a secret access to the Chapter 2 Alpha. If you're interested in getting a sneak peak at some of the new content, see if you can figure out how to access it (I promise you, there is a way for crafty players). But if you do really want to see it and get stuck, drop me a DM and I'll tell you how to get there. Happy Trailblazing everyone!

https://mf-willblack.itch.io/trailblazer/devlog/205925/version-00800-preparing-for-chapters-2-and-3

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trailblazer now has an official trailer!

Recorded and edited by the amazingly talented Padr81 of Oath Games, featuring music by Wingless Seraph

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The best RPG i've played... I have finished it four times, I still dont have enough of it
PLAY IT!!
I'm really glad to hear this! If you want, there will be a new version coming out later this week, and if you like, with some new missions, bug fixes, and the ability to access the Alpha versions of Chapters 2 and 3. Let me know, and I'll post how to access the Alpha :)

okay, this looks extremely freaking rad!!
Thank you very much! I hope you like it!

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 0.08.04 of the Demo is now available!

Lots of bug fixes and adjustments based on feedback, and as a result, we now have even more content for the Demo!

Bounty Hunting is up and running, and can be both accessed and turned in during Chapter 1. There area total of two bounties now available in the Demo: Red Cloud and The Messenger; and a third in the Chapter 2 Alpha.
Bounty.png

I've also updated a few more combat mechanics, as well as started using better skin and hair tones for Native and Asian characters - based on player testing and feedback. Hopefully you find the additions more even fun and engaging!
GuitaristaB.gif

Thank you all again for your support an Happy Trailblazing!

soygenial21

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is amazing. What specs did you choose for each character?
Marksmanship is my favorite, I always loved bolt-action rifles, so I Chose Marksmanship for Jean, Jack and Virgil, and the Guslinger for the pretty girl... and you?

I see you have a game, let me try it bro!!

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I prefer Dagger Spec with Jean, and Bible Spec with Jack. Although it's hard to say no to all those Shotguns out there as well haha.

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really cool concept. There is no way I can remember it's name, but I remember this western game I played ALLLLL the way back in early 90's that I loved. Your ambience, solid mapping and unique battle system reminds me of it.

Good luck with the project, great work!

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really cool concept. There is no way I can remember it's name, but I remember this western game I played ALLLLL the way back in early 90's that I loved. Your ambience, solid mapping and unique battle system reminds me of it.

Good luck with the project, great work!
Thanks so much for the compliment!

I hope that the game you're talking about is Wild Arms. It was a sort of post-apocalyptic sci-fi/fantasy western. Very unique game and one of my favorite RPGs of all time. It's also one of the main inspirations for Trailblazer. I'm glad you liked it!

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Chapter 2 and 3 are now available in Beta!

2Ch.png
If you want access to the Closed Beta of Chapters 2 and 3, join The RPG Maker Beta Testers Discord today! On this Discord server you'll have access to all the latest pre-release versions of some of the best games in the community - including early access to all of Trailblazer's post-demo chapters before anyone else!

The Beta Version of Trailblazer can be downloaded by accepting a Beta Testing role in the RPG Maker Beta Tester's Discord, and then looking in the #submissions channel.

Chapters 2 and 3 contain approximately 2 hours worth of additional content, and can be accessed two different ways:
1) Loading Save File 24 that comes pre-loaded with the game you will begin immediately at Chapter 2
2) Playing through all of Chapter 1 on your own, you'll gain access to both the Cheats Menu and Chapters 2 and 3!

I am currently looking for feedback in the Beta sections on all areas of development:
  • Story content and flow
  • Main and Side quest options
  • Cutscenes and dialog
  • Character designs and character development
  • Skill, Enemy and Battle balance
  • Exp and Money balance
  • Equipment balance
  • Bugs, typos, general suggestions

And don't forget to stop by and follow me on itch.io for all the latest updates and news on Trailblazer!

Chapters 2 and 3 Screenshots
Bounty.png
Diamonds.png
Hearts.png
Indians.png
Posse Together.png
Graveyard.png

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More Beta Content!

1616533075520.png

I've Been hard at work on the Chapters 2 and 3 Beta, and have a lot more balances, fixes, and content available now!

Remember, the Beta can't be found on the itch page, only on the The RPG Maker Beta Testers Discord! Stop by and check out the newest additions to Trailblazer, along with access to other great games before anyone else!

- New Bounty and New Zone!
- Up to Level 15 Skills for all characters and skill trees are now available!
- Don now has access using Grit in Chapter 2, if rescued in Chapter 1
- Waste Not skill now gives increasing bonus the less enemies on the battlefield instead of a flat rate
- Added additional dialog that indicates Throw Ropes are found and tied to specific dungeons
- Deadly Aim now works properly with Twin Pistols
- Fixed a major bug where Iron Mountain could become accessible earlier than intended, which would cause a cascade of additional bugs.
- Fixed a bug where not entering the Gem right away would cause Hearts to not appear
- Fixed a passability/terrain issue in Lone Pine
- Fixed the missing jump bug in the mines
- Fixed a rare bug where enemies affected by Fear would sometimes crash the game when their turn came up
- Fixed tile issues in South Pass stealth mission and Iron Mountain
- Fixed a graphical bug that sometimes occurred with lanterns hanging on rafters
- Fixed a bug that would cause game to crash when retrying the Duel with the Messenger under certain circumstances
- Fixed Mettle rating on Sawed-Off
- Fixed a bug where Virgil could not equip Rifles, but Mei Lin could
- Fixed a bug where Dueling Pistols appeared in list of Clothing

Last edited:

RustyHinge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Holy moly, this looks AMAZING! Just by reading your posts, the passion and hard work are so evident. The setting seems very cool, I definitely have a bit of a soft spot for westerns that I've been ignoring. If I wanted to test the demo, is it better to report feedback here or on the discord?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.
So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg
RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZakkWylde86