mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh yeah, Flesh to Dust was one of my favorite playthroughs. Watching him actually gave me a lot to consider, and I've changed a lot because of him.

Like, because seeing how he played and listening to his musings, just a couple of things I did were:
  • Making Jack Attack counter enemy cover
  • Looked into a way to add Autosaving (will be available next version)
  • Better conveying that Taking Cover recovers MP
  • Changed up how I did the escape Tutorial, and
  • I got rid of that Shield Break System, because it was just too cumbersome
I think I've managed to learn something from every LP of the game. People have really helped me to make this game better and better, and he was a big part of that for sure!

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 0.07.00 of Trailblazer is now available! This is a BIG patch that should offer a little bit of something for everyone, even if you've already played. The newest update includes a new Side Quest and a demo of how the Bounty Board will work. Along with the new Missions comes multiple ways to complete each, showing that your decisions can determine the outcome of certain events.
7.Missions.png

Not only that, I've completely re-worked the Skill Trees and re-balanced skills and weapons to synergize better; meaning less redundancy, less pointless gatekeeping Skills, and better skills earlier! You Gunslingers should check out Lead Rain, in particular!
LeadRain2.gif

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder if Jack Wesson is related to Lucia Wesson.

With that being said, this game looks fantastic. Love the blend of 3D, and the atmosphere looks incredibly unique for an RPGMaker game. Cheers!

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trailblazer is going to be played on today's stream on RPG Maker Web's YouTube Channel!

Come by and hang out as Steel and Teal run through the latest content!

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hope everyone is having a great Friday! I've got an updated and bug-fixed version of Trailblazer ready to go just in time for the weekend! This includes a couple of bug fixes (including one that would cause the game to crash during one of the side quests), as well as some updates based on the most recent RPG Maker Web Stream by Steel and Teal.

Gunslinger.png

Thank you everyone for your conitinued support and your loving feedback! You all keep me motivated to keep working. I should have some new content to show off within the coming weeks - so stay tuned! https://mf-willblack.itch.io/trailblazer/devlog/185489/version-00702-more-bug-fixes

mf_Will_Black

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's well-known among the community that Khas's Lighting system, while incredibly flexible and efficient in its resource use, has a number of outstanding bugs that were not corrected before he left the community. I've been debating getting rid of his lighting plugin for some time, but I wasn't ready to pull the trigger until now. I've replaced Khas's Lighting Engine with Community Lights, which gives nearly the same level of flexibility, but is much more stable.

BEFORE:
Jail1.png
AFTER:
Jail2.png

I also went ahead and fixed a couple of minor bugs for this update as well.

Link to the download for the most recent version: https://mf-willblack.itch.io/trailblazer/devlog/189110/version-00703-improved-stability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy