Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Traits Namer
Version: 1.02
Author: Kread-EX

Introduction
This is a core script. By itself, it doesn't do anything but it is used by Runic Enchantment and soon by Alchemic Synthesis. The purpose of this script is to provide an automated way to name traits: the script retrieve the traits data and generates a name based on a customizable template.
At the new version 1.0, you can now generate names for usable items effects, as well as generate help descriptions.

Features
Provide a customizable template to name traits and now to describe them too.

Instructions
Traits Namer provides you with a template to name traits. Most of it is rather self-explanatory, but pay attention to the CODENAMES hash:

CODENAMES = {11 => '%s resist: %d%' , # Element rate12 => '%s debuff rate: %d%' , # Debuff rate13 => '%s resist: %d%' , # State rate14 => 'Immunity: %s' , # State immunity21 => '%s: %d%' , # Parameter rate22 => '%s: %d%' , # Additional parameter rate23 => '%s: %d%' , # Special parameter rate31 => 'Attack %s' , # Physical attack attribute32 => 'Attack %s %d%' , # Physical attack state33 => 'Attack speed %d' , # Attack speed correction34 => 'Attack x%d' , # Additional attacks41 => 'Command: %s' , # Add skill type42 => 'Seal: %s' , # Seal skill type43 => 'Skill: %s' , # Add skill44 => 'Skill Seal: %s' , # Seal skill51 => 'Can equip: %s' , # Add equip type (weapon)52 => 'Can equip: %s' , # Add equip type (armor)53 => 'Fix equip: %s' , # Fix equip slot54 => 'Seal equip: %s' , # Seal equip slot55 => 'Dual Wielding' , # Dual Wield61 => 'Bonus Actions: +%d%' , # Bonus actions62 => '%s' , # Special flag63 => 'Collapse type' , # Collapse type (will never be used, I think)64 => '%s' , # Party ability}The “%s” and “%d” are substitution fields. For instance, “%s resist: %d%” for the element rate will be displayed as “Element name” + “resist” + “value” + “%”.

The same applies to the help window description (CODEHELP), the usable items effects names (EFFECTS_CODENAME) and their description (EFFECTS_CODEHELP).

New feature: custom names. They're here to allow you to chose completely different names (or descriptions) based on completely arbitrary values: for instance naming the trait. For instance, check the following examples:

CUSTOM_TRAITS = {[0, 32, 2, 50] => ['Poisonous', nil],[0, 32, 2, 100] => ['Venomous', nil],}Here, the trait giving 50% chance to add Poison to a normal attack will be called 'Poisonous' and the one with 100% chance 'Venomous'. The nil value is where you put the custom description if you want one.

Script
Direct Download!
Blog page

Terms of use
You are free to adapt this work to suit your needs.
You can use this work for commercial purposes if you like it.
Credit is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terumoc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is exceptionally handy, thanks for making this public. I think I'll find this very useful both for debugging purposes and describing traits to players.

Kread-EX

You're all bakas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Version 1.0. Now you can generate also traits' descriptions and it also works for usable items' effects. And you can also setup custom names and descriptions based on arbitrary values.

threadgillpr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
# value1: what you typed in the first field where you can write numbers.

# For equipment this is the only one.

#

# value2: usable items only. What you typed in the second field.

What do you mean when you say this?

Kread-EX

You're all bakas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Fixed some bugs. If you were just using custom names you probably won't notice though.

Black0Seraph

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't understand how to assign the traits to the items.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous_game_dev