Songsmith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a boss enemy that, as part of the battle when you use a skill to switch timelines, transforms into a another enemy (actually an invisible blank slate enemy), and then "follows you through time", transforming back into its original self. However, having the Animated SV Enemies plugin ON causes the game to crash on the transformation, giving this error.

index.php

How can I fix this? I obviously want Animated SV Enemies on for other battles, but actually I'm not even using it for this one. The enemy has no notetags. Again, shutting off the plugin makes it work perfectly.

The action causing the transform in the "Troops" tab looks like this. "A" is the name of the enemy with the invisible (like 1 white pixel) sprite that simply immediately uses the skill to follow you through time.

index.php

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What plugins are you using and what is their order?

Songsmith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What plugins are you using and what is their order?

Oh god, like 50+. Here's some screenshots...

They are in that order, from top to bottom.

Songsmith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Breakthrough!! I recreated it in a blank project (copying all of my plugins) then tried shutting them off group by group to figure out which plugin(s) was causing the problem. Turns out, it was YEP_X_Visual_State_FX! Shutting it off (I was barely using it anyway, easily replaceable) fixed the problem! Woohoo!

Still, there is some sort of incompatibility going on there. Maybe @Yanfly could take a look at it?

Edit:My bad. I'm a dummy. I had Visual_State_FX ABOVE Buffs_States_Core, which is listed as a required plugin. All is well now. Yanfly, I love you, didn't mean to blame you. 'Twas all my fault. Carry on.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjjjjamjam