Bippzy

Failed Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay, so I'm brand new here and I'm trying to figure something out. I've used RPG Maker in the past, but I've never been one to really understand scripting, and with the switch to JavaScript it still isn't clicking with me.

Normally I can get something like this to work through common events and switches, but I've come to a rather annoying tree in the road.

I'm planning on having a character have various transformations during battle, and I can easily get her into the correct form, but it appears that once the state runs out, she stays, visually, in the form she should have gone out of.

I found this topic earlier tonight: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/40284-tutorial-werewolf-transform-no-scripts/

It was overall helpful, but it never goes into detail on how to revert my character back to normal once the state runs out, rather than manually transforming her back with another skill.

I have a common event and switch for the skill/state so that when it activates, she changes perfectly fine, like so:

[IMG]http://s1.postimg.org/zbccd65bz/blueshift2.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://s2.postimg.org/z9rifd5jt/blueshift3.png[/IMG]

As you can see, the transformation goes fine, and the turn countdown works as intended and she leaves the state perfectly fine.

However, I've been slaving over trying to get her to just revert back to her "normal" form. I've been scouring the universe looking for anything that can help revert her back.

Is there no common event/switch combo I can use to get this to happen?

I have the bare basics at the moment since I've been playing around with this feature before diving into the game and later finding out that I'm stuck. So this is the basic "turn on" common event I have in place that works like a charm once I use the skill that activates the state:

[IMG]http://s4.postimg.org/vwwlqbn9p/blueshift1.png[/IMG]

Now I'm not exactly sure how to reverse this once she leaves that state. I've tried playing with the switch and using another common event to run parallel, but I'm not sure if that's the right direction. If there's some kind of script to make this happen, I wouldn't be able to figure it out myself. I've been hung up on this for hours and hours, so any kind of help would be appreciated.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Common events on parallel process don't run during battle.

You could use my State Add/Remove Commands plugin to set up a common event to run when the state is removed.

Bippzy

Failed Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Common events on parallel process don't run during battle.

You could use my State Add/Remove Commands plugin to set up a common event to run when the state is removed.
Oh!! Thank you!

I tried it out and I'm probably making some kind of newbie mistake, so please correct me because I know I have everything totally wrong. I'm putting it in the note section, since a good few plugins utilize it... Not sure If I'm even using the correct command, though.

Nothing is happening, so I'm totally missing something obvious, haha.

I'm not literate in commands or anything anymore (came back to RPG Maker after a very, very long break), so hopefully some guidance will get me back on my feet and back to making some fun things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bippzy

Failed Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oops, double posted. Accidentally quoted myself instead of editing. D'oy.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/18/yep-15-base-troop-events/

You can set up a troop event using this plugin to check at the end of every turn if your character has "X" state inflicted on them.

If they do, nothing happens, and if they don't, you can set up a conditional branch event to turn their graphic back to their default.

I do this in my current project with two of my characters that can change their appearance when using certain abilities.

Bippzy

Failed Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/18/yep-15-base-troop-events/

You can set up a troop event using this plugin to check at the end of every turn if your character has "X" state inflicted on them.

If they do, nothing happens, and if they don't, you can set up a conditional branch event to turn their graphic back to their default.

I do this in my current project with two of my characters that can change their appearance when using certain abilities.
Aha! Yes! Turns out I had the plugin but I wasn't using it, haha. That did the trick perfectly, though! Now I can work on other things instead of crying about her transformations.

Thank you so much! I had completely forgotten about this plugin.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arvel