Transformation skill in battle

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by tekiro, Jun 16, 2019.

1. tekiro

tekiro Villager Member

First Language:
    portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would like to have create a character that have a skill that make him in battle transform into a dragon(like in the breath of fire games), and have acess to exclusive skills when transformed in dragon, and after the battle or if possible when the hp of the dragon go to 0 returns to normal, and if possible the dragon form receive xp together with the human form, Is possible to make such a thing? or at least something close enough?( RPG MAKER MV)

2. AfroKat

AfroKat Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm like 99% sure there are several plugins to do that, just Google it.

tekiro likes this.
  3. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you can use the transformation plugin by yanfly, but it also require some lunatic code the way you want too.

tekiro likes this.
  4. empresskiova

empresskiova Untitled Project1 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I’m fairly certain this is something that can be evented, but it is tricky to do so and might not work right if the Dragon dies out of battle.

Of course, I don’t have MV so I don’t know the eventing tools there, but I imagine they’re similar.

tekiro likes this.
  5. tekiro

tekiro Villager Member

First Language:
    portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the replies, I will try do something with the plugin, wish me luck!

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'Games Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using. This requires a plugin, therefore...

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

tekiro likes this.
  7. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I cant recall a plugin request though while the plugin is existed, the javascript knowledge is needed to achieve what he wants :)
    correct me if im wrong @Kes

8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ShadowDragon yes, you're wrong ;-)

@tekiro what you want depends on your battlesystem.

if you're using the default battlesystem without any plugin, then you don't need a plugin for a transformation - you can use pure eventing to either change the actor, or change the skills of the actor in any way. In fact I can think of several different ways to do what you want by event commands, AS LONG AS you're using default battle system.

If you are using any battlesystem plugins, then it completely depends on which plugins you're using. Several battle plugins change actor data on use. As soon as the actor data is changed, any summoning or transformation mid-battle might destroy those specific data changes, resulting in any error during battle.
    To prevent this, you'll need the summoning plugin to replace that changed actor data for that battlesystem.

That means that any summoning plugin only works for those battlesystem plugins that it is intended to work with.
    So that transformation plugin linked above will only work if you're focusing on yanfly's plugins for your battlesystem - if you have a different one (for example moghunters) then it will most likely never work.

So before anyone can help you, you need to tell us what battlesystem you're using, only then we can link you to a compatible summoning/transformation plugin.

tekiro likes this.
  9. AsuranFish

AsuranFish Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm not 100% sure this would work, but I'd try to do it like this...

1: Create the skill to transform your character.
    2: Set variables to equal the character's HP and Max HP.
    3: Create the state that handles your character's transformation... (I'd set this state to wear off at the end of battle)

Within that state...
    a: Set the character to immortal (resist knockout).
    b: Create a "custom remove effect" that's triggered by the character's HP hitting zero. Use this to set the character's HP back to what it was (using the variables above), and also to change your character back to normal, and to remove "immortal" status

tekiro likes this.
  10. RPG_itch_Studio

RPG_itch_Studio Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Have you read this post?

tekiro likes this.
  11. AsuranFish

AsuranFish Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    One thing I want to add, because I’ve player around with this a bit in the past, is that I’ve had issues with battle scenes glitching out when transforming SV actors into different sprites.

Occasionally, they would be replaced by blank black boxes, as if they were having trouble loading.

Not sure if it’s a widespread problem or not, but it’s something to keep an eye one. Possibly memory intensive or something... Might want to look into a preloader if you have issues.

tekiro likes this.
  12. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no, that has nothing to do with loading trouble or RAM limitation - read my post above, it means that the game has used battleplugins that require different data from an actor, and the transformation or summoning didn't add that required data to the new actor.

tekiro likes this.
  13. tekiro

tekiro Villager Member

First Language:
    portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    With the yanfly's puglin i was able to do the skill how i wanted( not 100% of course, but with 90% it's enough for me, i just do rpgmaking for hobbie). All working perfectly. Thanks for the replies.