Transforming characters?

Versitax

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first post. Don't know if it's in the right place.

I'm thinking of making a certain item turn a character into a different actor if they hold it. Would that be possible? If so, how?

EX: Actor2 equips a Ring, which turns them into Actor5 (only sprite, not moves)

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its possible I think the easiest way would be to go to VE/Victor Engine and get his state change plugin, basically its a plugin that lets you visibly shows states on a character but you can custom make the status effect character.

Using that plugin create a state, like transform state, then make sure the ring inflicts that state 100% and when you set up the plugin use the transformed characters sprite sheet for whenever that state is inflicted.

There might be an easier way but that's how I would do it

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Conflictx3 You refer to plugins. Does that mean it's for MV? This section is for VX Ace.

Also, why wouldn't giving the ring a state or have it call a common event which changed the sprite work?

EDIT
This is what I did to have a piece of equipment (which is what a ring is, it is not an item) do something when it was equipped and then unequipped.

First of all, you would have to give that ring an equipment type which only the particular actor has, otherwise any actor could equip it and then you'd be in a mess.

Ring calls a common event, set to parallel process and with a condition switch, in my case switch 270. Here is a screen shot of my event.
1597309434444.png

You can't see the full script call there. Here it is
$game_party.members.any? { |member| member.equips.include?($data_armors[12]) }

You would have to change the armor ID from my 12 to whatever the ring is.

There might be no need for a second common event for what you want to do. Instead you would inflict the state which changes the sprite. If you can't get a state to do that, then call a common event which just changes the actor's sprite via the event menu command, tab 3.

In the 'Else' section, keep the wait for 60 frames and remove the state, if that is working. Otherwise, call a third common event which changes the actor's sprite back again.

EDIT 2
I think it might be better if this were refined a little. This is to help make the common event more efficient. I have used 'Boredom' as the example state. You need a state without name or icon so that the player is unaware that it is there.

The CE is still parallel process, conditioned by a switch, but now the commands would be
1597330352686.png

What's happening is this.
It checks if the ring is equipped on Actor 1. If it is, it looks to see if the state is present. If it is, it does nothing, except have a wait to prevent lag.
If the state is not present, this tells the CE that it has only just been equipped. It inflicts the state and changes the sprite.

In the main 'Else' branch, this runs if the ring is not equipped.
If the state is present, this tells it that the ring has been unequipped. It removes the state and changes the sprite graphic back to the original.
If the state is not present, then there is nothing to do, so there is a wait to prevent lag.

Attachments

Last edited:

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes ack! Your right! I didn't realize this was VX sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Say, does anyone know any other indie game development forums? Progress on my uni survey has been a little slow, so I wanna look into posting it around a bit more.
Due to the bullies' resurgence on Facebook and Twitter against my friend (and I since I defend), we've decided to move over to tumblr to try to obscure our presence, where we might finally be at peace working on games. If anyone wants my/our game's tumblrs to follow lmk. :kaojoy:
Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zjjnwgd