Translated Terms of Usage of Japanese blogs

TobiObito4ever

Self-Proclaimed Mythology Nerd
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Um... idk if my browser's acting up or if Crescent Moon Arepeggio's site is down. I can't seem to access it.

EDIT Oh, it was just down for a second. My bad.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I've updated timelessberry's terms per @hero_buddy 's request. They now allow commercial usage to one-man-team/indie developers.

I think Kuremente has done some major changes on their terms. Could they be translated again? I checked the terms in Google translate and there seems to be something about unsupported scripts, so I'm not sure if it's 'safe'.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/kuremente-rgssscript/archives/cat_107202.html
There's nothing inherently unsafe about unsupported scripts. It just might be harder to use if you run into trouble.
I've updated the terms as they did make some changes to their commercial usage terms, as well as distributing edits.

I'll get to the other terms soon. Sorry for the long wait, work's been very busy lately.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Is credit required? How do I credit?
Credit is optional. Please credit using the site’s name.

Are these resources allowed in commercial games?
It is not stated if it’s allowed or forbidden. So please refrain from using it commercially.

Can I repost these resources?
Yes, but not the resources found under ‘original’.

Can I edit these resources?
Yes.

Can I distribute these edited resources?
Yes, but not the resources found under ‘original’.

In which game engine can I use them?
You need to own VX or VXAce to use these and cannot use them outside the RM engines.

I wasn't able to copy anything from the site, so here's a screenshot of the original terms instead.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Is credit required? How do I credit?
Yes. Please credit using the site’s name and URL. Ex.: Violet Mist swada.net
  • 利用にあたり報告などは不要ですが、頒布物のReadmeファイル等に当サイトのURLと素材を使用した旨を記載して下さい。
    • ex) 以下サイトの配布素材を利用しています : Violet Mist https://swada.net/

Are these resources allowed in commercial games?
It is not stated if it’s allowed or forbidden. So please refrain from using it commercially.

Can I repost these resources?
No.
  • 素材をゲーム内で使用するに当たって、データの一部を加工、改変することを許可します。
    が、素材としての二次配布は加工・非加工を問わず禁止します。

Can I edit these resources?
Yes.

Can I distribute these edited resources?
No.

In which game engine can I use them?
You need to own RMXP. You cannot use these in non-RM engines.
  • 当サイトの素材は、RPGツクールXPのRTPを改変した素材のため、規定によりツクールシリーズでのみ使用が可能です。
    その他のツールや自作プログラムでの使用は出来ません。

Aethers

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi, it seems a few months ago there is a change in the permission for "Presence of Music"
http://www.presence-of-music.com/home.html
Especially in this part
http://www.presence-of-music.com/notice4.html

Google translate is a bit rough, so I am curious about the part where it translates to :

"Persons who downloaded from the site when they were released as free material and have already used for commercial use
Persons who downloaded from the site when they were released as free materials and plan to use them in the future
In this case, there is no need to purchase again (* 1)"

Does that mean if I already downloaded the music prior to the new policy (1st June 2019) I can still use them commercially without a fee?
(also: how can the person check?)

And this last part:
"As a result of this change, for non-commercial use, only paid music will be used as free material as before.
We will make it available for download, so please use it."

Since the author also mentioned that "(Some songs that are currently released as free material are also scheduled to be sold for a fee.)" - does this means that the site music is no longer viable for commercial usage? (or is it still useable for unsold materials yet? (there is an excel file in one of the update regarding which ones are on sale))

This is all google translate so there might be misunderstanding.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure, I'll ask. Just an FYI, Bougainvillea doesn't want you to link to the materials directly, so if you could change your post to "mapchip 3", "character05" and all that would be awesome ^^
By the way, I asked if it was okay to chop up tilesets for doodads (since the editing policy seemed ambiguous), and got a 'yes'.

Hello!My name is Shigekichi(webmaster of "BOUGAINVILLEA")
I am sorry for replying late.

You can use my resources for Yanfly doodads plugin.
I will be happy if my resources can be of any help:)

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
It seems both Cacaosoft and Petitrare are down. Anyone saved their stuff?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Parallax Panda Yeah, that site had been down for a while, though still accessible through the wayback machine. Thanks @tale for the new link. I've edited my posts with it.
@TakeHomeTheCup It's not working for me either. Might be temporary down, we'll have to wait and see.

It's come to my attention that Moon Wind has added their own English terms. I've adjusted my post to reflect that.

Hi, it seems a few months ago there is a change in the permission for "Presence of Music"
http://www.presence-of-music.com/home.html
Especially in this part
http://www.presence-of-music.com/notice4.html

Google translate is a bit rough, so I am curious about the part where it translates to :

"Persons who downloaded from the site when they were released as free material and have already used for commercial use
Persons who downloaded from the site when they were released as free materials and plan to use them in the future
In this case, there is no need to purchase again (* 1)"

Does that mean if I already downloaded the music prior to the new policy (1st June 2019) I can still use them commercially without a fee?
(also: how can the person check?)

And this last part:
"As a result of this change, for non-commercial use, only paid music will be used as free material as before.
We will make it available for download, so please use it."

Since the author also mentioned that "(Some songs that are currently released as free material are also scheduled to be sold for a fee.)" - does this means that the site music is no longer viable for commercial usage? (or is it still useable for unsold materials yet? (there is an excel file in one of the update regarding which ones are on sale))

This is all google translate so there might be misunderstanding.
Sorry, for the late reply. I'm not sure how I missed this post :kaoswt2:
So the thing that has changed are the terms when it comes to commercial usage. It's still allowed, but some songs (not all) have become paid if you want to use them commercially. You are exempt from paying a fee if you downloaded them when they were still free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just imagine, MZ got released while still on summer sale and they decided to discount their game. lol.
Now that I found an accessible composing software, all the melodies that only lived inside my head so far can come to life. I LOVE this.
Akemi14 wrote on Archeia's profile.
I'm sorry about my mistake of not messaging you about posting in Games in Development Rules and Guidelines. I'm still new on this forum but using RPG Maker for 3 years. Well it is in English language. Well, I just want to explained about the game and show them the demo. I promised, there is no inappropriate contain because I don't like that. What should I do?
Magic numbers are the devil.
So I was explaining to someone today that Magic (the Gathering) has advertised itself as a Trading Card Game (TCG) and a Collectable Card Game (CCG), but never a playing card game. Playing cards are what they use for stuff like Poker or Black Jack. So by playing Magic with the cards, they were in fact doing it wrong, and me trading the cards is a correct usage. :popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uoxaufwu