ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Will translated plugins still run? Like if I translated a japanese plugin to english for example. Assuming that Javascript language is universal and only the comments and non code stuff would change, and the code would stay the same.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Usually, the plugin provides some parameters for the Vocabulary so the Game Devs can easily localize the plugin's terms.

If you go into the plugin's source code and arbitrarily change strings (strings are words braced by '' or "" in JS) it CAN work or it will break. It really depends on how the plugin was written by its dev.

If you just want to translate the comment section that almost all plugins have on their top, then go for it! You can easily add a new section and the plugin won't break (unless the plugin dev made a mistake, which is unlikely). This is what I found so far, unfortunately it's not a detailed instructions but I think it will help you.

1642843425433.png

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it is japanese or other language, you need to change the parameter
with "JA language word" -> english, so in the paramters where it is used.

you need to be carefull because it can break a plugin, if you do it correctly,
it will still function as normal as it should be.

if you just want to translate the helpfile, than it works as normal.
parameter name with (at) in front can break if you dont change the
parameter in the function itself.

if they use 3 langauges, it target mostly one of the 3 (depending on the
computers langauge) else default.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I officially declare today "test play day." I'm going to waste the whole day playing video games, which isn't a shock to anybody, but hopefully today I'll play my own and figure out what still needs fixin's.
Empty Bottles and Health Extenders are now a thing.
Also the Sling-Shot does damage to enemies now, but not a lot and you won't get gold from killing them that way.
ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SirBigSad