Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Introduction
For a while now, we had to put on hold the language fixes because of workflow challenges. Thanks to @orzfly we are able to finally streamline the process. We are now using Weblate to fix RPG Maker MV's Translation Issues.

What is this project?
The goal of this project is to improve the translation for RPG Maker MV's editor. Eventually, we would like to translate the Database and the Helpfile with the help of our beloved community.

How To Join?
  • Register on this site.
  • On your respective boards, please decide on a representative that will 'approve' the final translation. That person will then have the status of the 'Editor'. Should there be any challenges on picking any representative, please notify me immediately and I'll approve the final translation instead.
  • If you have any questions, please read the Translator's Guide first. If you are still confused, please don't hesitate to ping me @Archeia or @orzfly

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Awesome! Already working on it.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been watching some things, I have a few questions about the methods of the translation:
1.- As editor, can you directly fix a translation or only 'suggest' the changes that can be made?
2.- If the previous question is only to suggest then, we have to mark the option 'Needs review'?
3.- If you made a mistake in a suggestion, is it possible to remove the first one and make a new one with the correct changes?

orzfly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been watching some things, I have a few questions about the methods of the translation:
1.- As editor, can you directly fix a translation or only 'suggest' the changes that can be made?
2.- If the previous question is only to suggest then, we have to mark the option 'Needs review'?
3.- If you made a mistake in a suggestion, is it possible to remove the first one and make a new one with the correct changes?

1.- Sure, an editor can directly fix a translation without going through the Suggest & Review process.

3.- No, at least not for now. Granting the "Can delete suggestion" permission would let a user delete any others' suggestion.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1.- Sure, an editor can directly fix a translation without going through the Suggest & Review process.

3.- No, at least not for now. Granting the "Can delete suggestion" permission would let a user delete any others' suggestion.

I understand. I requested to be the editor of the Spanish translation. However, I think I don't have the status of editor at the moment, because I'm only allowed to suggest, but not to fix or rewrite. Do you need any extra information for this?

Last edited:

strelokhalfer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great! I will send fix for russian.
And I want to be the editor of the Russian.

Last edited:

strelokhalfer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes(But aluxes show as Vladislav). Also I can send the finished translation file.

Last edited:

King Gerar

White Wolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well... Since more nobody appeared here for Pt-Br, I can take care this, even because I did great part of previous translation.
By the way, there is some terms in Dialog_GameShare context that I never seen before. Is it a future feature or I've let pass something?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well... Since more nobody appeared here for Pt-Br, I can take care this, even because I did great part of previous translation.
By the way, there is some terms in Dialog_GameShare context that I never seen before. Is it a future feature or I've let pass something?

It's for Atsumaru. I don't know if it'll be international anytime soon, but it would be cool!

King Gerar

White Wolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Understood. And can I contribute to the translation? I'd like to avail while my classes don't begin. :rswt

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Archeia I think I finished the translation fixes. Is there any way to test this in the editor? I need to make sure everything is okay.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for this! We'll have to push a build. So just letting me know it's ready, we can set it up on steam.

Yep, I checked all the 3287 lines, it's ready. I have the Steam version, so no problem. How can I test it? Through Beta?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making Houses and Outside on the same map with RPG Maker MV!
Do people actually use buff/debuff function?
Ami

Imagine you (as Miner) Sleep in the Cave,the other side is a Bunch of Golds,how d'you feel?
finally got footage of my main character running around his corrupted street...
I finally got the ships and water to flow like I wanted to~ the canals are a success. Now to loop the animation for the kites. So many kites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harukazu