Translator++ - Game Translation Tool

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Dreamsavior, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Mushikrat

Mushikrat Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Is it possible to convert to rgss3a files? I want to translate this game: <snip> , but the free version doesnt have the option to convert to it :/ does the patreon one allow it?

Edit: Well the link was removed by a moderator, but it's a game called <snip>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2019
  2. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @Mushikrat I've removed the link you posted as it led to an adult game and this forum is PG13.

3. Rui

Rui Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    BUG

System Specs (May be relevant to the Bug):

M.2 NVMe SDD by Gigabyte
    i7-6700k

This is a new build of mine, that's how I think I should start, I've used this tool for some time now and I've never experienced this bug.
    It goes as follows:

• Application opens correctly
    • I pick the game I want
    • The application starts loading the game files
    • Application gets stuck on "DONE!" while still fully working (It hasn't freezed)
    • Application won't go further, I've left it for a good 30 minutes to test

I'll include an imagine with the exemplification of the problem, I've installed all the basic tools necessary for a fresh build including ruby (I assumed the creator used it for something and I had it on my last build so I just decided to install it) and I have taken all folders and files out of "read only" as it could be messing with the program, none helped.

Hope either the creator or someone that had the same problem or even someone with enough knowledge can help me out, I'm at a lost.

Attached Files:

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Mushikrat After slimmmeiske2 removed your link, you edited in information which would still lead a minor to an adult game. I have removed that information. Please do not try and get round the rules in this way. It is also a very long shot to think that someone reading this thread will just happen to have the patreon version of that particular game.

5. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Mushikrat : To answer your question, no. The files are encrpyted, you would need the dev to let you translate it legally. Contact them to ask for permission.

6. Achelexus

Achelexus Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    How does this work with RMVX Ace games? I can open the .rgss3a file, translate all the text, but then what? How do I "patch" the translated text into the original file?

Mushikrat likes this.
  7. Traikkei

Traikkei Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I need heeelp. I try to create a new project to start the translation, but it writes the path of the directory and then it tells me that

"is not recognized as an internal or external command, program or executable batch file."

It also tells me the type of the error
    TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be one of type string, Buffer, or URL. Received type undefined

8. Mushikrat

Mushikrat Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think it happens on some games :/ try and see if it happens with a different game

9. twistedHarmonics

twistedHarmonics Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    So, from what I've read, Wolf RPG games that already come unpacked are just a lost cause?

10. Mushikrat

Mushikrat Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think so. Might be the version I used, but it turns files into folders when extracting rather than .wolf files and even if you manually change it it doesnt work.

11. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Actually this doesn't work with Wolf RPG, as that is not developed by this company. You'll have to go their forums and see what options they got.

12. F4S1

F4S1 Warper Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sorry to bother you, but I have a problem. I'm trying to translate the game (no matter what), but the translation process just doesn’t want to go. I’ve been waiting for this for 30 minutes and nothing is happening. Can you explain what the problem is?