KitteyWolf

FriendlyFur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! So I've been looking around for a way to make autotiles that have a transparent background, that way say i can use a watertile, on ANY terrain. having the ability to have a pond/lake that spans over many different terrain types.

I looked around to see if someone had figured it out before- but the only thing i found was by Shaz.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/autotiles-on-upper-layers.75074/
and they've said they're not really working on it anymore because they werent using it in their own project.

So my request is the ability to have a secondary tab of animated[or not] autotiles that have a transparent background. It'd be super helpful and really cool to have, and If i could i'd make it myself, but i'm useless with the actually coding side of things.
Thanks so much! i hope someone is able to figure something out~

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No Plugin can change the editor, they can only change the game engine.
So the only option you have is something like Shaz' plugin where the engine is changed to draw tiles differently, without any change to the editor. Something like a replacement function that replaces a tagged regular tile with an animated one only while playing the game - and that is not trivial to program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).
Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.
Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDiet