Transparent color not working

Quoteman

Dio's NetNavi
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I have this problem where I'll import my charset and it will load fine, then if i test the sprite out in game the transparent color gets screwed up and I don't know what i need to do. please help me I've only had this bug occur in RPGmaker2003.bandicam 2020-02-19 11-59-54-074.png

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont know the engine at this point, but I think you need a specific transparant color.
Like in XP I think, it was either greenish or pink color that makes it transparant.

So I asume it should be similair for 2003 as well.
I dont know if you can set this specific color somewhere?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use Tools > Resource Manager to import resources. Select the appropriate folder, then the file, then a window will appear titled "Set Transparent Color": click a pixel in the image to set the transparent colour to the colour of that pixel. :)

Quoteman

Dio's NetNavi
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Use Tools > Resource Manager to import resources. Select the appropriate folder, then the file, then a window will appear titled "Set Transparent Color": click a pixel in the image to set the transparent colour to the colour of that pixel. :)
that's why I'm posting this thread because when I do that it defaults to black

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that's why I'm posting this thread because when I do that it defaults to black
The default colour is indeed black, but the selection isn't (or, rather, shouldn't be) "locked in" until you click OK to close the window. If you click a different pixel then that ought to change the transparent colour: the selected colour should flash between light and dark to indicate it's selected. You can zoom in for greater precision if needed~

If it's not letting you select a different colour then it might be some issue related to your image file's encoding. Perhaps try filling the transparent area(s) in with an opaque colour, save that as a new image, and try to import that one? :kaoswt2:

Jhale M.

Goddess of health, purity and truth.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
The background of that sprite doesn't look like a default black. I don't quite remember if this was a problem, but setting transparency in your art program won't do anything or it will be really finnicky. I wonder if that could even cause the problem of not being able to select a background color. On the other hand, if your sprite sheet has a variety of background colors, that will be a problem as only one of them can register as transparent for all of the sprites. It could be that the color behind some sprites are slightly different somehow.

Quoteman

Dio's NetNavi
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
The default colour is indeed black, but the selection isn't (or, rather, shouldn't be) "locked in" until you click OK to close the window. If you click a different pixel then that ought to change the transparent colour: the selected colour should flash between light and dark to indicate it's selected. You can zoom in for greater precision if needed~

If it's not letting you select a different colour then it might be some issue related to your image file's encoding. Perhaps try filling the transparent area(s) in with an opaque colour, save that as a new image, and try to import that one? :kaoswt2:
Thank you for trying to help but I found a solution if I import the picture as a .XYZ it works

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I got tired of not having an avatar image. Couldn't think of anything cool. So I'm just using my game's antagonist instead... How original. At least both of our names start with C?
Expectation: Design/dev a game for the game jam | Reality: "These codes suck, why did I do it this way? lemme fix this. Also what if I add feature xyz because... well, I can."
Did my first script call in an event! :kaopride: It's completely useless and just because I thought it'd be cute if looking at clocks in-game made the character say the real-world time, but it's fully functional scripting and I did it all by myself!
Stream will be going live shortly! I will be playing Resident Evil 3 Remake, and then I will be switching to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Spent all day working on something that ultimately has nothing "flashy" to show at the end of it. But that sense of achievement...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartelStef