Transparent Wall of Light for MV

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Ragpuppy87, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragpuppy87

Ragpuppy87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My project has a dungeon based on the theme of light.
    I plan to use the 5th tile from the left in the top row of the default Dungeon A5 tileset of MV for the floors.
    I'm looking for a wall tileset in a similar style however. A wall of transparent light.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dungeon_A5.png

2. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Are you looking for a wall autotile? Just a single 2 tile high wall? If you want a wall autotile, I could convert that single tile into an autotile pretty easily. Let me know the details, and if it's simple enough, I can work on it soon. :)

-MIA

3. Ragpuppy87

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes. Just a simple wall tile that matches the floor tile I mentioned. The type you find in A-4. Or something along those lines that would work in a similar way.

4. M.I.A.

First Language:
    English
    Alrighty, That's simple enough. I will aim to get this done by the weekend. I am just swamped with projects right now. But if you'd like to take a stab at it, I know there are a couple simple tutorials about the forums on how to make autotiles and there are GIMP tutorials around the internet. if you grow impatient. :)

If you're patient, I will get to it soon.
    -MIA

Ragpuppy87 likes this.
  5. Ragpuppy87

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks so much! :cutesmile:I'm pretty patient. No hurry on it. I still have a lot to do before the I finish the project anyway. I actually had a backup plan in case no one replied. It worked out decently, but I'd love to go with my original idea.
    Thanks again! Looking forward to seeing it! And in the future I may look into creating my own should the need arise.

6. M.I.A.

First Language:
    English
    @Ragpuppy87 So, here's "Basic" attempt #1. I gave a couple color variance just in case. However, the "ceiling" tile can't be made to create corners.. because I messed up the corner tiles (see the image below..), otherwise, here's something for you for now. If you need a little more work on it to make it more useful, let me know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-MIA

Attached Files:

Frogboy, Juanita Star and Ragpuppy87 like this.
  7. Ragpuppy87

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's great so far.:cutesmile: I could use it right now and get the point across.

All I can really ask as far as improvements go is perhaps adding a pattern to the wall somehow? Just to differentiate it a bit more from the floor tile. As it is now it's a bit too hard to tell where the floor ends and the walls begin without changing the floor tiles or color of the walls.

In any case thanks so much for your work so far. :) I will definitely credit you in my project.

8. M.I.A.

First Language:
    English
    I did just that in my preliminary edit, but I didn't get the auto-tiling correct for the middle parts. I will post a couple of different options when I try to correct the cornering tiles. :)

-MIA

Frogboy and Ragpuppy87 like this.
  9. M.I.A.

First Language:
    English
    Alrighty, I've cleaned up the corners (still not perfect... ) and added more to visually separate the walls from the ceilings. I hope this works for you. If you need further edits, I'm afraid you'll have to seek more support from another person. I'm not very good at this kind of stuff and can't really afford much more time for it. Sorry, :(

I hope it helps!
    -MIA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Frogboy likes this.
  10. Ragpuppy87

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't believe that further edits will be necessary. :cutesmile: This is what I was looking for.

Also don't be so hard on yourself. I'm pleased with the results. It's better than what I could do at this point. I truly appreciate it.
    Thanks!

Frogboy and M.I.A. like this.
  11. M.I.A.

First Language:
    English
    I'm glad it'll work for your needs. :) Maybe when I have more time in the winter, I'll revisit this edit and try to fully fix the corners.

-MIA

Frogboy and Ragpuppy87 like this.
  12. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Looks cool, @M.I.A.!

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Frogboy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.