AwfullyBritish

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, thanks for taking the time to look,

I am trying to make a debug menu in which the player can transport between all maps and then change positions accordingly, I've been able to display the maps, but when I try to transport the player it only seems to update when Scene_Map is open, but I want the player to have the option to change their position so they aren't stuck in a wall, and quickly switching between scenes doesn't seem to update either.

Is there a way to update the map without going to Scene_Map?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I didn't quite understand it, would it be like transitioning Zelda game maps (2D versions)?

AwfullyBritish

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I didn't quite understand it, would it be like transitioning Zelda game maps (2D versions)?
It'll be a debug teleport menu, so crashes don't become annoying and I can test out parts of the game without having to go through the hassle.

It would look something like this, sorry I know its short but its the best example I could find.

Cootadude

Noob with exp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't really have the solution, but if you hold "Ctrl" while testing you can walk through anything.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I don't really have the solution, but if you hold "Ctrl" while testing you can walk through anything.
Does MZ have this tool?
In the MV it doesn't work, or did I make a mistake?

Cootadude

Noob with exp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does MZ have this tool?
In the MV it doesn't work, or did I make a mistake?
I don't know too much about MZ except that its really similar to MV.
You have to open the game through MV, since when you export the game MV removes the debug features.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah, ctrl for debug through has been in RM since the beginning I believe, but it only functions in test play.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not really certain what you're talking about not being in the Scene_Map since the character in your example is loaded into, standing on, running around in one of the maps when they open up the menu to teleport to another.

You can just make a common event that opens a conversation choice list, each of which calls a Transfer Player to a specific place, then tie that event to a keypress or into your menu with a menu manager plugin.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It'll be a debug teleport menu, so crashes don't become annoying and I can test out parts of the game without having to go through the hassle.
Its a paid plugin, and in my opinion the most powerful and useful plugin from VisuStella's collection, but they created an "Advanced Debugger" that has exactly that: F9 to bring up the debug and just teleport yourself to another map, run common events, add/remove items, afflict states, etc.

It has made testing and debugging various features of my own plugins and projects tremendously easier.

AwfullyBritish

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Its a paid plugin, and in my opinion the most powerful and useful plugin from VisuStella's collection, but they created an "Advanced Debugger" that has exactly that: F9 to bring up the debug and just teleport yourself to another map, run common events, add/remove items, afflict states, etc.

It has made testing and debugging various features of my own plugins and projects tremendously easier.
Sorry about the late reply, I haven't had much free time recently,

It seems almost highly likely that the version I showcased is probably the same, its a bit expensive but the rewards in terms of speed in development would probably be with worth it

Thanks for the Help!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The debugger, and the Control to walk through walls, only works during play test. Neither work after deployment.

It sounds like you're after something that the players can use.

Either of these COULD be made to work after deployment - if you JUST want your players to be able to walk out of walls if they get stuck in them, then the advanced debugger is overkill because it gives a massive amount more that is only meant to be used by the developer. For either option though, you are giving players the ability to "break" your game and could end up fielding all sorts of support requests. Why aren't you just limiting where they can go so they don't end up IN a wall in the first place?

Cootadude

Noob with exp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Either of these COULD be made to work after deployment - if you JUST want your players to be able to walk out of walls if they get stuck in them, then the advanced debugger is overkill because it gives a massive amount more that is only meant to be used by the developer. For either option though, you are giving players the ability to "break" your game and could end up fielding all sorts of support requests. Why aren't you just limiting where they can go so they don't end up IN a wall in the first place?
I never had this problem with RPG Maker... yet.
But I do remember having it with other engines, and it's not easy to fix.
So we need more info how they are getting stuck in the wall in order to fix the issue.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Feeling overwhelmed by this project's scope lately, and lured by other projects; but it also feels like I'm on the verge of a turning point, almost finished laying the "foundations" and can soon start building the real structure. In other words, the dreaded "middle phase lull." I recognize and will resist it. So, the latest work: battle sprite for the second major party member.

If you REALLY want to slow a loop down... stick a console.log statement in it. lol
welp... YED_Sideview Battler works on MZ with FOSSIL, and it even works with the new MZ Battle Core. problem is I dunno if the new battle core allows for custom motions with YED like the MV one does.
My first game is gonna be a really ambitious one. But it's costing me a lot of money to make lol. it'll be worth it though
Ugh...Guests always put the Ketchup in the fridge....bloody savages the lot of them! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momonica